Activation Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 28 May, 2021 Expire Date: 15 Apr, 2021
About Bayat Power:
Established in 2016, Bayat Power is Afghanistan’s largest private Electric Power Production and Development Company. The Company owns and operates Bayat Power-1, the first in a new generation of Gas to Electricity power generation plants that will provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sustainable electric power to homes and businesses throughout Afghanistan.
Bayat Power is leading the resurgence of Afghanistan’s Energy Exploration, Energy Development and Gas-Fired Power Production sectors. We’re proud to invest in the promise and potential of Afghans, through educational and professional development programs that are building up a new generation of Afghan Engineers and Technical Specialists.
Bayat Power is a division of The Bayat Group. The Bayat Group of companies has more than a decade of experience building highly profitable enterprises in Afghanistan in the telecommunications, media, industrial infrastructure, security, and logistics sectors. We have a proven ability to work successfully with government officials/organizations at both the national and regional levels to help grow industries that generate profitable returns and set the base for the long-term economic growth of the nation.
Founded in 2002 by Dr. Ehsan Bayat, The Bayat Group, through its role as Afghanistan’s largest privately owned-company, employer, investor and non-profit leader, has been a proud and impactful partner in the development of some of Afghanistan’s most critical infrastructures.
Hiring a professional and experienced chef who can cook various types of international foods for expatriate staff and the chef must have English speaking ability as well.
Must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. He must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Under the Admin Department, the Chef shall prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner and any other specially requested meals for Bayat Power regional office expatriate staff.
1. Daily preparation of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for Expatriate staff.
2. Weekly preparation of grocery/supplies list for the kitchen.
3. Responsible for food production based on the supervisor’s directions.
4. Take care of kitchen management and food hygiene.
5. Must be able to prepare international food for expatriate staff.
6. Prepare meal according to assigned schedules/menu for Bayat power expatriate staff.
7. Ensure that all food is prepared in a sanitary and appealing manner.
8. Shop for all food and supplies required for the operation of the kitchen and the provision of meals in coordination with the Administrative Department.
9. Store all food items according to the standard hygiene practices.
10. Ensure that all cupboards and contents are organized and clean and the cabinets clearly labeled with the contents.
11. Support team for weekly order and inventory.
12. Assuming all the labelling and proper storage based on the food safety.
13. Notify the Administrative department for any kitchen equipment or maintenance needs.
14. Be available to support with special occasions and additional requests.
15. Prepare beverages and snacks for meetings as required.
16. Make sure the kitchen and dining room are cleaned after every meal, ensuring that all pots & pans, kitchen appliances, cutlery, and crockery are sanitized and neatly stored and that all surfaces are disinfected properly.
Maintaining a high level of hygiene in the kitchen and in food preparation is of utmost importance.
Very courteous and respectful to all colleagues of Bayat Power company.
Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
10 years of experience in cooking.
Minimum 5 years of experience in different cooking for expat employees as chef.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all employees with different cultural backgrounds.
Knowledge of food hygiene standards.
Ability to cook American, Indian and other international cuisines.
Strong Communication, Organizational Skills, Team Mentality, Leadership Skills Must have good communication skills in English and Dari.
Able to work late on weekends or holidays if required.
Able to Speak, Write and Read the English language well.
Ability to create menus and cook western style food.
Interested Afghan national candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating on the SUBJECT line, the title and vacancy number of the position (Chef, BP035-2021) when applying for to [email protected]
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.