Activation Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 08 Jun, 2021
The Government of Afghanistan has established a new initiative called Asan Khedmat, which operates under the auspices of the National Statistic and Information Authority (NSIA), and is a one-stop shop for public services. Asan Khedmat will contribute to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Afghan Government and enhance the responsiveness to the needs of the Afghan citizen. The center will deliver quality services in an inexpensive and timely manner and improve the relation between the citizens and the government. The effect will be to strengthen the democratic system in Afghanistan.
The government of Azerbaijan will provide technical support in all aspects of this initiative.
The development and implementation of the initiative will involve:
- Construction of an administration building and the Asan Khedmat Centers in Kabul and throughout the country.
- Administrative structures and capacity building
- Information Technology
- Process simplification of public services
Summary of the position:
Summery for “Legal Expert” is expected to support the Asan Khedmat on a broad range of issues, including but not limited to taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process. He/she is responsible for providing support in discrete legal issues by advising the organization, drafting undertakings and structuring remedies for the relevant issues. This professional may also be engaged drafting legal documents such as law drafts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Legal Specialist will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters;
- Drafting Law, Procedure, guideline, MoUs and other legal documents;
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memorandums and other legal documents;
- Studying and analysis the relevant organization legal documents for amendments;
- Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information;
- Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis;
- And other duties assigned by the line manager.
Academic Qualifications / Required Experience:
Following experience and qualifications are required for this position:
- Bachelor Degree in Law or Islamic Sharia.
- At least 4 years’ experience in mentioned criteria
- Sound knowledge of Afghanistan laws rules and regulations
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Excellent spoken and written English; strong interpersonal skills required
- Previous work experience in the government sector/ public services
- Ability to multitasking, working under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in Legal drafting
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent command of English and Local languages (Pashto and Dari)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to include your information containing the necessary documents, copy of the E-Tazkera ID , educational documents, work experience documents in a PDF file and enter in the link below.
If send your application, copy the link below and open it on a separate page.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW