Activation Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 08 Jun, 2021
The Government of Afghanistan has established a new initiative called Asan Khedmat, which operates under the auspices of the National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA), and is a one-stop shop for public services. Asan Khedmat will contribute to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Afghan Government and enhance the responsiveness to the needs of the Afghan citizen. The center will deliver quality services in an inexpensive and timely manner and improve the relation between the citizens and the government. The effect will be to strengthen the democratic system in Afghanistan.
The government of Azerbaijan will provide technical support in all aspects of this initiative.
The development and implementation of the initiative will involve:
- Construction of an administration building and the Asan Khedmat Centers in Kabul and throughout the country.
- Administrative structures and capacity building
- Information Technology
- Process simplification of public services
Summary of the position
The IT Officer will work in the technical department of Asan Khedmat in collaboration with related departments and will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of network infrastructure within Asan Khedmat and other government entities depending on the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Network & System Engineer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated area(s) of ASAN Khedmat Center.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners and other IT equipment a and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- The support and administration of firewall environments.
- Configuration of network devices (Cisco ASR, Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA).
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable frame ware releases.
- Microsoft Windows Server installation and configuration.
- Windows Clustering and design.
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment.
- Configuration of hosted IP voice services, VOIP and open source software.
- Configuration of firewalls for VPN access and traffic inspections.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding of issues which can occur upon initial installation.
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers.
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement gathering, provide technical support and manage remotely.
- Any other tasks assigned by General Manager of AK Services Center.
Academic Qualifications / Required Experience:
Following experience and qualifications are required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience in designing and implementing network infrastructure.
- Minimum CCNA in routing & switching.
- Strong experience in configuring network & devices is required.
- Strong experience in VOIP infrastructure is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skills in record maintenance.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to Asan Khedmat.
- Knowledge of Dari, Pashto and English languages is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to include your information containing the necessary documents, copy of the E-Tazkera ID , educational documents, work experience documents in a PDF file and enter in the link below.
If send your application, copy the link below and open it on a separate page.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW