Activation Date: 25 May, 2021 Announced Date: 25 May, 2021 Expire Date: 04 Jun, 2021
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GIRoA, especially MoLSAMD’s Martyrs and Disabled Division (MDD), as the main governmental entity for VA services while also addressing the broader challenges of collecting and managing data, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across sectors and programs. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, reinforcing knowledge transfer for sustainability, coordinating with relevant service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
Blumont is seeking candidates for position of Activity Manger to will be required to work directly with beneficiaries, Afghan service providers, and to administer assistance to families and communities at the local level. Job duties will include but not be limited to the following activities:
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with project beneficiaries to assess and investigate incidents, refer beneficiaries to appropriate assistance, and manage the process for direct assistance
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders and counterparts, and potential public or private referral programs operating in the area
- Respond efficiently and effectively to assess beneficiaries/families, and implement assistance packages
- Undertake internal coordination with Senior Government Liaison, M&E staff and Incident Record Coordinator
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of assistance to beneficiaries through grants, contracts, procurement, and logistics
- Manage to ensure prompt and effective delivery of assistance. Will communicate daily or as often as necessary to ensure coordination and successful implementation of program activities.
- Regional travel to provincial capitals and local districts within the Regional Duty Station is required, including to kinetic areas.
- Verify identities of beneficiary’s registries and documentation, in coordination with other staff.
- Provide permanent assistance on the use of the standardized reporting templates given to duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of experience or masters with 5 years of experience in a similar role or relevant field, such as community development, assistance, or training programs.
- previous experience working with international organizations and/or non-governmental organizations required; previous experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Previous experience managing grants or supervising staff strongly preferred.
- Good computers skills, particularly with MS-Office Package.
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto required: read, write, and fluent conversation
- This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel up to 70%.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply