Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About New Way Social and Development Organization (NSDO):
NSDO is a development, advocacy, and humanitarian organization established in 2011 and registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of Afghanistan. NSDO is based in Kabul, with programming hubs across the north and northeastern provinces of the country.
NSDO strives to empower the vulnerable and marginalized communities suffering from the impacts of war, natural calamities, poverty, and injustice. Additionally, NSDO is also working on the idea of integrated development, which encompasses socio-economic, cultural, and good governance. Community Empowerment is the core of NSDO’s strategy to engage with grass-root groups and communities to address the root causes of poverty, inequalities, and injustice.
Finance Duties but not limited to:
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Preparing expense reports and office budgets.
- Prepare the monthly & quarterly financial reports.
- Preparing invoices and receipts;
- Preparation of period bank reconciliation.
- Maintaining the payrolls.
- Checking and correcting the accounting computations
- Prepare necessary journal entries.
- Maintain fixed assets register.
- Check and control petty cash replenishment.
- Make a proper filling system for all categories of expenses.
- Preparation and planning of budgets.
- Assist in financial audits.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Perform periodic financial closing and adjustment in the financial system.
Admin Duties but not limited to:
- Participate in all the management meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Support the Project manager and trainers in supervising and arranging planning workshops and management meetings.
- Preparing and providing the training present sheet, Certificate, forms for the conducted training.
- Purchase equipment and other items from the market.
- Manage and control daily activities in the office.
- Be able to travel to project offices if required.
- Responsible for arranging and payment of field staff accommodations and transportations.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing letters as well as registering in the book.
- Prepare ongoing reports and performing other routine activities.
- Perform relevant administrative activities inside and outside the organization.
- Maintained administrative filing system.
- Responsible for arranging meetings.
- Any other task assigned by the Line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, and relevant field of study. Candidates with relevant Master’s degree will be given priority.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting or Finance with national or international NGOs.
- Having excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Dari, and Pashto
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in managing the accounting cycle
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Able to work under the pressure
Applicants are required to submit their Cover Letter and CVs to [email protected] no later than the closing date mentioned above and please mention the position title as well as the vacancy number in the subject of their emails. For example, an applicant or candidate may write the position title first and the vacancy number subsequently as follows: Admin & Finance Officer – Vacancy No. NSDO- 19 – 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.