Activation Date: 25 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 25 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 01 Apr, 2021
The National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received multiple grants under the Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) sector portfolio of ADB. NWARA has established a Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize and streamline the activities under these grants. The CPMO handles procurement, project administration, contract management etc. for the projects financed under the Grants.
The National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA)is seeking to engage a qualified national Admin/Liaison Officer to work for the Administration Unit of Central Program Management Office (CPMO). The Admin/Liaison Officer will support Administration Unit of CPMO in Admin/Liaison related activities. The Admin/Liaison Officer will report to the Project Manager, Sr. Admin Manager, Deputy Program Director and Program Director.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the Admin/Liaison Officer include, but shall not be limited to:
- Preparation of the lists of the offices needs and it’s follow-up the related directorates.
- Preparation of the filing systems as required.
- Preparation of the Data Base s as required.
- Typing and copying letters, notes and other forms of communication in Dari/English as needed.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies.
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- Perform receptionist duties when needed.
- Collect, sort and distribute correspondence, reports and other material.
- Responsible for Registration of the incoming and outgoing letters in the related register books and submitting it to Project Manager, Sr. Admin Manager, Deputy Program Director and Program Director to get his/her instruction whenever required.
- Follow up of the pending letters.
- Write minutes of the meetings.
- Establish and maintain contacts and good working relationship with GoA Ministries and Departments especially with the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Passport Office, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy, Kabul Traffic Department, and Govt. Police.
- Ensure timely and legal issuance of all visas, permits, and other documents required to facilitate work in Afghanistan and cross-border movement of people and commodities from foreign countries to and from Afghanistan.
- Obtain Country Clearance (visa) for international staff, short time visitors, and international consultants in a timely manner and as required
- Communicate to staff members about their passports, visas and flight information and keep them informed of updates on status.
- Obtain tax/custom exemptions, timely release of consignments, port clearance and cross-border permits for equipment.
- Develop the data base and responsible for proper maintenance of logs for travel, work permit and visa.
- Handle petty cash for issuance of visa, work permit and travel tickets.
- Support security team on the related issues and maintain liaison with Ministry of Interior and other Govt. security offices
- Develop and maintain work process flows and forms and checklists for visa issuance and extension, work permit issuance and extension for all staff and make sure it is updated regularly based on the government rules and regulations.
- Make sure that all updated forms and procedures (work process flows) are put in the public folder and all have access to them.
- Maintain contact with Afghan consulates or the responsible travel agencies across the border to make sure that expats receive Afghan Visa without facing any problem
- Assist Finance and Administration Section with financial management tasks as directed.
- Provide related docs and information to any government mission officially assigned for the assessment of NGOs in country.
- Keep regular and on time communication with all staff and inform them of any requirement on their visa and work permits.
- Provide Work permit for all national and international staff.
- Any other task assigned by the Project Manager, Sr. Admin Manager, Deputy Program Director and Program Director
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However due to constantly evolving priorities within the implementation of projects funded by the Asian Development Bank, the candidate must be flexible in terms of allocation of complementary tasks.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, economics, public administration or similar discipline with 4 years relevant experience in related field, Master degree preferable
- Relevant training will be an asset.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills in Dari and Pashto
- Working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak);
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of web-based management systems will be an asset.
The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address [email protected] not later than 01-04-2021. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.