Activation Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 04 Apr, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Visit sites to observe environmental problems, to consult with contractors/daily labor and monitor construction activities.
- Design agricultural Water pond, Traces and water storages in dry and drought effected communities.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Conduct training about water management to WUC.
- Conduct educational programs that provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity.
- Select best and as per project criteria area for cash for work
- Plan and direct construction of rural water distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
- Conduct regular Meet with clients, such as district or regional councils, farmers, and developers, to discuss their needs.
- Conduct cash for work all activities
- Conduct regular site visit from targeted area
- Ability to design , dodging the cash for work site and also BoQ
- Supervise and record day to day construction activities.
- Participate external and internal meeting.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture /Natural Resource Management
- 3 years’ experience working in Cash for work projects
- Ability to frequently travel to the target communities in the districts
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on ([email protected]).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
Qala-e-Fatullah, Street# 3, Closed to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10, Kabul, Afghanistan