Activation Date: 05 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 05 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 11 Apr, 2021
About Afghanistan Social improvement Organization:
Afghanistan Social Improvement Organization “ASIO” is a non-governmental and non-profitable organization. All ASIO activities are carried out in accordance to the Afghanistan government rules and regulations. Afghanistan Social Improvement Organization “ASIO” is committed to creating of productive work environment and professional relations among the employees in order to contribute in the development of Education, Agriculture Global & Livestock, Education Training, and Civil Society. It is also dedicated to provide top quality services to destitute and needy people of the country.
Vegetable Value Chain Officer is responsible to support and work Under the direct supervision of the project Manager. He/she will be responsible for the management of the Vegetable beneficiaries, training management, selection of the eligible Vegetable beneficiaries, implementation and coordination of the ASIO ongoing project, the agriculture value chain officer must have the qualification and experiences of training to the beneficiaries, project field coordination, field management and knowledge of supervision monitoring and evaluation of the training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Agriculture Value Chain Officer Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
He /She will be required to deliver the following duties:
• Ensure appropriate and timely implementation of agriculture value chain activities related to Vegetable & Wheat Training, collection and processing in the project area;
• Train project target beneficiaries on topics related to vegetable quality control.
• Oversee the process of training delivery by project short term expert and make sure the training are provided to farmer groups in a timely fashion and according to the agreed syllabus;
• in selection of appropriate beneficiaries for vegetable collection centers and sub-centers, selection of vegetable collectors and sub vegetable collectors;
The agriculture value chain officer should regularly supervise the milk collection process to make sure quality milk is collected and transported to milk processor after proper testing is conducted;
• develop the training agenda and share with project manager,
• Prepare seasonal calendar of Vegetable activities for the districts where the project works and train farmers on its usage;
• Collect regular data regarding training activities and outlined agenda needed for the project;
• Assist field staff in conducting beneficiary status surveys and other surveys related to Vegetable value chain.
• Provide technical advice to Vegetable farmers on regular basis
• Travel intensively to the field and undertake any other task assigned by the project manager.
- At least Bachelor degree in Agriculture.
- Having good supervision experience along with familiarity of project targeted districts.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to report and coordinate ongoing projects through line coordination.
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading English, Dari and /or Pashtu;
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in working /carrying out activities belongs to agriculture
- Excellent report writing in English & Dari
To Apply: Please send your update CV and cover letter to [email protected], by mentioning job title & Vacancy announcement Number in which you are applying for in the subject line of your email, the application send after the closing date will not be considered.