Activation Date: 07 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 07 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 12 Jun, 2021
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide perfectly general loc-regional anesthesia concerning to the type of operation.
- Perform physical examination of patient pre-operation and choice the type of anesthesia.
- Check lab result and also advise more lab investigation if necessary.
- Ensure all required medicines and equipment from anesthesia department is properly prepared before giving anesthesia (review the checklist to ensure all equipment and medicine concerning to their expiry dates are present and precise.)
- Take care of all anesthesia machines and other equipment.
- Take care of patients after sugary (in the recovery phase).
- Support the provision of SCRP for all departments.
- Counsel and educate patients in relevant areas of health.
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral)
- Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and nursing students and all professional staff concerning their job requirements.
- Supervise performance of limited, selected administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of date, clinic and or facility management, or coordination of specific educational programs.
- Participate in clinical audit, professional organization and related committees and in continuing education opportunities.
- Follow established department policies, procedures and objectives: continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental and infection prevention standards.
- Supervision of Anesthetic technician and request of all necessary material for operation theatre and specially anesthesia.
- Participate in provision of 24-hours hospital service, which may require evening, night.
- Identify and report immediately any problems which interfere in the operation theater.
- Participate in morning report, case presentation and other meetings of hospital to share information and discuss the program progress.
- Provision of 24 hour hospital services while your colleague is on leave.
- You are reporting to Medical director who can assign you any other duties.
Any other duties as may be required by the management
Education: Graduated from Anesthesia Technology from recognized university by government.
Experience: At list 2 years clinical experience in hospital or clinic as anesthesia technician.
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Anesthesia Technician -COVID -BMN ) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply