Activation Date: 25 May, 2021 Announced Date: 25 May, 2021 Expire Date: 09 Jun, 2021
About American University of Afghanistan:
The American University of Afghanistan (AUFA) is a private, non-profit university offering and American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2006 and currently offer 4 undergraduate academic majors and an MA and MBA programs. We follow a strick non-discriminatory policy and men and women from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young, dynamic university with full time student population of above 1000 students. Construction has recently begun on a new 75 acre international campus.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports educational excellence goals of AUAF for faculty and students. The CTL is a new initiative started in May 2016, which leads and assists the faculty and instructors with course design, new learning technologies, syllabus design, pedagogical approaches, continuous student assessment, and overall faculty development.
To advance excellence in teaching, the CTL will assist faculty with reviewing their teaching methods that are measurable to improve learning by students.
The Assistant Director of Center for Teaching and Learning is responsible to support the director of the CTL for strategic leadership direction, daily operational, organization and budget of the CTL.
Description: Oversee administrative and logistical support for academic program offerings. Facilitate the various actions required to successfully carry out the responsibilities of CTL.
- Coordinate the scheduling of classroom reviews, maintaining records, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate communications materials regarding program.
- Develop and track program budget.
- Prepare reports related to CTL performance.
- Review program processes and procedures, recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Office management
- Engage in CTL and Academic Affairs research activities
- Supervise CTL and Academic Affairs Office internship program
- Supervise and evaluate the Copy Room staff
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Having Master’s in Education or a related field or its equivalent degree with 5 years working experience or having Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field with 7 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge and skills related to higher education program design management,
- Implementation, leadership and administration, supervisions, excellent oral and written communication in English, Dari and Pashto
- Preferred having record of previous research experience
- Required to have experience in both educational administration and teaching excellence at university level
- A commitment to diversity in education.
- Excellent analytical, project management, budget and organizational skills.
- Experience with information technologies and their applications in a library and classroom setting.
- Good communication and public relation skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different ethnic, racial, cultural, and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications and internet software.
To apply, please send as a single PDF document (cover letter, curriculum vitae) and contact information for three references to [email protected] before the closing date of position. Please, include (AF-N-78-2021- Assistant Director of Center for Teaching and learning) in the subject line of the email, otherwise, the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A written test or example of work may be used as a form of screening.
If shortlisted, the applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree-granting school directly to AUAF).
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants.
AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.