Activation Date: 31 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About Humanitarian Assistance & Development Association for Afghanistan(HADAAF):
- HADAAF is a non-governmental, non for profit and non-sectarian Afghan NGO founded in March 2004 and legally registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2006. Since its inception, HADAAF has been implementing programs in different sectors such as; health, education, livelihood, emergency response and community’s social development mostly in hard to reach area of Afghanistan. Under its programs HAFAAF is targeting the most vulnerable communities; such as marginalized women and children, people with disabilities, internal and external displaced population in different parts of the country. HADAAF has adapted a strategic approach of partnership and collaboration throughout its program implementation. Thus far, HAFAAF has implementing projects/programs in partnership with Mop, IMC, UNICEF, WHO, Save the Children International, Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, Johanniter and Cortaid in Nuristan, Uruzgan, Ghoor, Farah, Kabul, Kumar, Laghman and Kabul provinces. This collaborative approach has enabled HADAAF to get access to hard-to-reach areas and provide quality service delivery.
- To guide the organization and its staff as well as the board of directors, HADAAF have developed a strategic plan for five years covering period of 2017-2021. The strategic plan, outline key priority areas based on the need of target population and context of the country. The Strategic plan is fully in line with the Afghan Government National Development Priorities Plan, The Afghan Citizen Charter, Global Sustainable Development Goals-2030 and development agendas of other development partners currently active in Afghanistan. The strategic plan was developed through the participatory and collaborative manner involving HADAAF programmer beneficiaries (i.e. target population), government actors, relevant development partners, HADAAF,s relevant staff as well as members of the governing bodies
- HADAAF respects & adhere to national & international humanitarian standards such as International Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC), The Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response, Do NO Harm, Speer Standards, NGO Laws and Code of Conduct among others,
- After 14 years of existence in the country, HADAAF got good capacity in program development and implementation and operation at national and sub-national level. This includes; a) program development section, b) program implementation section including M&E, c) human resource section, d) logistic/supply chain section, and e) finance section including internal control mechanism.
- To do covid19 screening of all clients by infra-red thermometer and ensure the patients triage, registration and directions to the relevant sections at health facility level.
- Organize the waiting time of patients by ensuring a well-organized queue system (considering the social distancing measures) according to priorities, emergency cases and first come, first served basis.
- To check the patients/clients for COVID19 signs and symptoms and refer the suspected cases to laboratory for sampling
- Regular follow up of suspected cases to reference facility and positive patients at community level(using remote monitoring approach)
- Identify patient in need of urgent care and refer them immediately to the related sections.
- To apply and practice personal protection equipment during screening, check-up and referral services on regular basis.
- To apply and practice infection prevention and control (IP&C) guideline of MoPH at health facility level in coordination with HF manager.
- Respect the MoPH Standard Operating Procedures for referral and quarantine of COVID19 patients.
- To ensure sufficient supply and screening materials/equipment availability at health facility level for COVID19 in coordination with the lab technician and HF manager.
- To conduct outreach screening of people for COVID19 at schools/madrassas, universities, and communities as per need to achieve the assigned targets.
- Record screening, check-up and referral data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Ensure all suspected clients referred for lab tests are tested in the best possible quality in close coordination with the lab technicians and diagnostic centre staff.
- Ensure that the COVID19 related data and information are communicated aligned with COVID19 communication guideline in consideration of patient privacy.
- Develop and submit all the required reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and progress reports as required aligned with project requirements.
- To perform any other duties as required by the health Supervisor/Manager
- Bachelor degree /graduate of HIS or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in nursing care.
- Understanding of Afghanistan’s health sector and key players
- Good understanding of COVID-19 prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English
- Ability to seek and apply knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of HADAAF,
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor nursing care ,
- Demonstrated ability in competency-based adult education and clinical training
- Spoken and written competence in, Dari, and Pashtu and English is preferable.
- Able to travel freely to project sites at the district level,
- Good computer skills; including the ability to use MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, define problems, work proactively, and draw valid conclusions.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with cover letter to [email protected] no letter than 5 of June 2021 before 3:00 PM.
Contact Numbers: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.
Note: Applicant should mention the Vacancy Number, position, and Province name in Subject line of the E-mail.
For example: (HADAAF-NGR/BLH-COVID 19-21-XXXX- position- XXXX)