Activation Date: 25 May, 2021 Announced Date: 25 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About World Vision International-Afghanistan:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision Afghanistan Office, based in Herat/ Afghanistan is seeking a highly motivated Associate Program Officer to support the Grant Acquisition and Management team. Under the lead of the GAM Manager and the Senior Program Officer, the APO will support in the planning funding, implementation, evaluation and reporting of respective program operations. This APO position will support and occasionally lead proposal coordination and design, as well as ensuring regular project reporting and donor compliance. It will also include donor/SO/partner engagement and information management.
Grants Acquisition and Proposal Design
- Support and lead the development of concept papers and proposals to donors, in coordination with technical specialists, finance and procurement staff and SOs.
- Coordinate with SO/ donors for continuous funding for the assigned portfolio
- Monitor funding status for each sector of the program to identify possible funding gaps and ensure smooth transitions from one grant to the next.
- Closely collaborate with Support Offices for early positioning with institutional government donors and coordinate with GC Disaster Management team and EUREP for Multi-lateral donor positioning.
- Support the Go No-Go process as per WVI policy
- Collaborate and negotiate with Support Offices and DMT on match needs and other resources (e.g. technical).
Grants Management and Reporting
- Work on monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary in collaboration with the other departments, including internal and external reports.
- Support, plan and facilitate grant reporting to meet donors and WVI highest standards.
- Monitor program’s progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
- Provide program update to assigned WV support offices
- Support the monthly Grant Health Tracker
- Support the facilitation Start up and close out Grant meetings
Quality Assurance, Accountability and Information Management
- Support to streamline programs processes to ensure timely and quality preparation of grant proposals, donor reports and other reporting requirements.
- Ensure alignment with WV’s established external engagement, GAM, partnering steps, and response strategies.
- Incorporation of internal and international humanitarian standards (Sphere, HAP, etc.) into all project designs and implementation.
Partnership & External Relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with Support Office representatives.
- Support partner selection for new project opportunities
- Support the programs team to identify potential partners to work with and through in projects.
- Support to update and maintain HORIZON database
- Support project filing according to Audit requirements
Other Responsibilities – HEA
- Be aware of the emergency procedures in a response and ensure that necessary preparedness measures have been implemented
- Be familiar with WV security plan
- Follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
- Follow WVI policies for prog/proj security management
- Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner
- Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
- Adhere to WV Child Protection policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values;
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the direct supervisor;
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies or development programming
- Basic understanding of project design and proposal writing.
- Basic understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, Aus Aid etc.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to express self clearly in all forms of writing.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy.
- Ability to maintain strong links with major NGO’s, donors and government agencies.
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of budget requirements and regulations of major donors including the USAID, GAC, EU/ECHO, German Government. DFID and UN agencies. Familiarity with humanitarian codes, minimum standards, principles and practice.
- 4-5 years’ experience in emergency response, humanitarian and/or development programming or similar humanitarian/social work involving grants.
- Up to 25% travel
The application closing date is 07-Jun-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1114) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1114) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید