Activation Date: 26 May, 2021 Announced Date: 26 May, 2021 Expire Date: 30 Jun, 2021
Background Information – Cordaid
Cordaid was established in 2000, when several Dutch aid organizations joined forces. But our history goes back more than a century. Cordaid has changed over the years and is more than a donor now. Reducing fragility has become our core priority and we work in all contexts of fragility, from relief, through rehabilitation to longer term development. To do this effectively we seek funds, start partnerships and compete on a global market.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments and inspired by compassion, solidarity and subsidiarity, Cordaid’s mission is to reduce fragility and the vulnerability of people where it is most needed and most difficult. We recognize that the overriding challenge in fragile and (post-)conflict countries is restoring trust and social cohesion, at community level and between communities and the state. This is what Cordaid does, right in the heart of communities, by mobilizing global networks, resources and knowledge. By doing this, we help people move beyond survival and live in dignity.
Cordaid does this by promoting equality and social inclusion, by increasing the resilience of people and societies and by strengthening the social contract between citizens and their governments. Wherever we can, we combine lifesaving humanitarian aid with the longer-term improvement of health care systems, economic opportunities and resilience, and the promotion of security and justice.
Background Information – Afghanistan Country Office
Cordaid is working in and on fragility, and has been active in Afghanistan since 2001, aiming at a stable and peaceful country. We work across the triple nexus of humanitarian aid, peacebuilding and development in 6 thematic areas, supported by lobby and advocacy activities. These encompass: humanitarian aid; inclusive peace; security & justice; health care; resilience & livelihoods; and, private sector development. We provide programmatic leadership and require that our operations and those of our local partners are implemented to the highest standards complemented with knowledge generation that incorporates best practices and lessons learned.
Cordaid directly implements the component “Business Acceleration” through coherent BDS subset of supports and technical assistance throughout a scope assessment and (M)SME’s agreement by its own supervision and resources at the Cordaid Enterprise Academy. As the role of effective business support is undeniable for private sector and sustainable business enabling environment, Cordaid is looking for motivated consultants in different fields of expertise of business development to join Cordaid’s consultancy database. The Consultants/Experts will closely work with selected (M)SMEs and support them in their endeavors to enhance, professionalize and grow more their business.
Upon successful completion of the recruitment phase (test, case study and interview), the consultant will join Cordaid’s Consultancy Database and will be selected upon the needs of the (M)SMEs. The consultant will be kept in the database for the project duration. Cordaid, the consultant and the (M)SME will determine the deliverables of each consultancy assignment jointly. Each assignment has a maximum duration of three months.
At this moment, Cordaid is looking for experts/specialists in Kandahar province in the following areas:
- Financial management and bookkeeping
- Business hub development knowledge
- Product development
- Marketing and sales expert
- Product management
- Innovations and Technology application
- Business planning/Strategic planning
- Value Chain Development / Supply Chain management (fresh fruits, dried fruits, light manufacturing, food processing);
- Operations and business practices;
After determination of the consultancy assignment, the (M)SME, consultant and Cordaid will jointly develop an action plan with clear deliverables. In general terms the responsibilities of the consultant are as followed:
- Analyze overall (M)SME operations, trends and business plan to work mutually to find out improved ways and system for better business operations.
- With consideration of SCOPE assessment of the business, provide technical support and coaching to ensure positive and pragmatic changes results in sale’s increment and jobs creations.
- Comprehensive and mutually aligned cooperation to genuinely solve business bottlenecks with clear outcomes.
- Assist the business owner and staff with the implementation of the improved practices/systems and better ways of working to maximize profitability.
- Frequent support owner and business executives to feasibly develop a business plan, Expansion plan considering business resources and opportunities.
- Assess the business from different angles using standard formulas, SWOT analysis, SMART, accounting equations, cost and benefit analysis, cost-cutting measurements, competitive analysis and etc to provide a clear picture of the current situation of the business to investors, owner and Banks/MFIs.
- On the job training and coaching for the key staff to ensure familiarity with the new ways of working;
- Assist (M)SMEs to build financial and business development plans to seek access to finance scheme for the purpose of business expansions.
- Review and amend business plans of (M)SMEs with a clear outlook, objectives and timely action-plans to be followed by the owner of businesses.
(Preferred) Master’s or higher degree in Economics, Business Administration or Management, accountancy, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field and at least 3 years of work experience.
(Minimum) Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or Management, accountancy, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field and at least 5 years of work relevant experience.
Achievement-oriented, flexible and capable of working in a stressful context;
Good oral and written communication skills in English language;
Good oral and written communication skills in Dari and Pashto language;
Profound experience in working with (M)SMEs;
Ability to analyze and develop sustainable and suitable solutions for (M)SMEs;
Driver’s license and an own car, or other means of transportation to reach to the clients;
Qualified candidates are requested to follow the below link and complete the form by answering basic questions about their education and experiences.
Consultants are requested to provide information about their daily fee. For consultants who mentioned that they can work on multiple locations, please bear in mind that your daily fee should also cover transportation, accommodation and other related costs.
This is an online application submission. Please do not include and or send your resume:
The closing date of this announcement is 1st August 2021 (11:59 pm Afghanistan time)
Interested candidates will agree to accept the Code of Conduct of Cordaid at all times of the assignment.
Only the shortlisted applicants will receive emails/calls.