Activation Date: 06 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 18 Jun, 2021
About United Nations World Food Program (UN-WFP):
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is well known for its ability to deliver food assistance rapidly to people in need. To continue responding effectively to challenging contexts while also contributing to longer-term efforts to end hunger, WFP’s Strategic Plan focuses on better understanding of national food and nutrition security challenges and reshaping its engagement through support to national safety nets and social protection systems, to help host governments with their hunger-fighting strategies.
This job is based in WFP Mazar-l-Sharif Field Office – Afghanistan. Job holder provide administrative support to a specific business stream in Supply Chain handling the WFP’s Logistics Execution System (Billing) activities with the reporting line to the relevant Supply Chain Officer or the designate. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. He/she may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for Logistics/Billing under Supply Chain, to facilitate effective service delivery.
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
10. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
11. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
12. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
13. Take responsibility as CBT focal person from Supply Chain prospective.
14. Take care of certain LESS transactions such as, STO creation, Generating Handover to CP Report etc.
Education: Completion of university degree (Bachelor’s) in Business Administration, Commerce, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance or other related fields.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Procurement with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
Knowledge and skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and an updated CV or P11 form. Please click on the link provided below in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.
LINK TO THE VA: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=142569&company=C0000168410P