Activation Date: 06 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 18 Jun, 2021
About United Nations World Food Program (UN-WFP):
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is well known for its ability to deliver food assistance rapidly to people in need. To continue responding effectively to challenging contexts while also contributing to longer-term efforts to end hunger, WFP’s Strategic Plan focuses on better understanding of national food and nutrition security challenges and reshaping its engagement through support to national safety nets and social protection systems, to help host governments with their hunger-fighting strategies.
The Business Support Assistant (UNHAS) reports to the Administration Assistant and UNHAS Finance Officer, under the overall supervision of Head of UNHAS in WFP Afghanistan.
The United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS), managed by the World Food Programme (WFP), offers safe, reliable, cost-efficient and effective passenger and light cargo transport for the wider humanitarian community to and from areas of crisis and intervention. It is the only humanitarian air service that gives equal access to all humanitarian entities.
UNHAS responds to the need for access to the world’s most remote and challenging locations, often under precarious security conditions, where no safe surface transport or viable commercial aviation options are available. Sometimes natural disasters – such as the recent Caribbean hurricanes – leave air transport as the only mean of access; at other times, it is conflict that puts entire areas beyond the reach of land transport or commercial flights. Created precisely for such scenarios, UNHAS provides access for humanitarian workers and cargo, allowing life-saving projects to be implemented and monitored.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery within the United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS), managed by the World Food Programme (WFP).
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals,
Education: University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of work experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
Knowledge & Skills:
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and an updated CV or P11 form. Please click on the link provided below in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.
LINK TO THE VA: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=142572&company=C0000168410P