Activation Date: 30 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 30 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 03 Apr, 2021
The Liaison Office (TLO) founded in 2003 as an Afghan non-governmental organization (NGO) that emerged from a Swisspeace pilot project (supported by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung) on good governance in connection to peace and reconstruction or reconciliation process. TLO has since evolved into as an independent Afghan NGO registered under number 611 with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. TLO was founded with the aim of improving local governance, stability, and security through systematic and institutionalized engagement with customary structures, local communities, civil society groups, and government institutions. TLO is based in Kabul, with regional offices in Paktia, Khost, Kandahar, Herat, Mazar, and Nangarhar and additional field offices across Afghanistan. TLO works to achieve its objectives through key program activities: research and analysis, dialogue facilitation for peacebuilding, access to justice and governance, humanitarian assistance, third party monitoring and evaluation, and environment & natural resources management. The guidelines for these activities are strictly based on the “do-no-harm” approach and Conflict Sensitive Programm Management (CSPM), which are participatory and community-led.
- Conducting assigned classes at scheduled time every week.
- Finding and producing subjects related to peace for drawing/painting and calligraphy in public places in their village such as in schools, healthcare clinics and even in their homes/peace murals on the walls
- Development and exploration of peace-related subjects through drawing and calligraphy
- Enhancing the drawing and calligraphy skills of the beneficiaries and as well as, using skills and techniques of artistic expression for developing interests of beneficiaries towards peace.
- Paving the way for the beneficiaries to find income sources and as well as, advocate for their and community rights through calligraphy and drawing skills.
- Working closely with the beneficiaries and encouraging them to produce drawings on their own so that, the beneficiaries could use those drawings for advocacy, business, transferring their messages and stories.
- Plan and prepare appropriately the assigned courses.
- Assess student’s learning during class, give them feedback and correct homework as required.
- Taking attendance, reviewing previous lessons, and assigning new homework for students.
- Reporting to and coordinating with the project team on daily and weekly basis.
- Implement the designated curriculum completely and in due time.
- Evaluating students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner.
- Demonstrate timeliness and attendance for assigned responsibilities.
- Assign reasonable assignments and homework to students.
- Provide opportunities for students to apply and practice what is learned.
- Record and report timely the results of exams and assignments.
- Carry out other related duties assigned by TLO team.
- Degree in Visual Art, Typography, History or a related discipline may be required.
- Great artistic and creative skills.
- A strong calligraphy portfolio would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and marketing abilities.
- Strong manual dexterity and discipline.
- Resilient self-starter with a positive attitude.
While sending your CV & Cover letter in one file, please mention the vacancy number, and position name in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration by TLO.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Interested candidates should send their Application to: [email protected];
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
TLO is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.