Activation Date: 31 May, 2021 Announced Date: 31 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Title: Care Taker (Caseworker-Night Shift)
Dept. /Location: Kandahar-Afghanistan
Reports to: WPC Supervisor
Description: The Night Caseworker work under direct supervision of the WPC Supervisor and she will be responsible to provide a standard resident care in the shelter at night and undertake certain domestic duties which can be performed during night hours.
- Maintain registration, filing and records for each referred beneficiary; gather information for documentation purposes about each beneficiary.
- Conduct interview, problem identification, finding realities with keeping confidential of the cases related information within a trusted environment.
- Monitor all the shelter’s department during performance of duty.
- Preparing related correspondence and weekly reports to submit to project supervisor.
- Provide a high standard of care overnight, including hygiene, continence, mobility, dressing and general care.
- Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by supervisor.
- Join with the day staff to work as a team and assisting them in the morning, as directed by the supervisor.
- Communicate with the WPC supervisor both verbally and in writing about the beneficiaries’ general condition.
- Promote a safe and caring environment maintaining general tidiness and promoting a homely atmosphere.
- Work as a team with those staff on duty and communicate between each other.
- Uphold the key principles of residents’ rights, citizenship, independence, choice, privacy, fulfilment and dignity.
- Administer medication at designated times, as prescribed by the medical doctor.
- Respect residents’ beliefs and values.
- Maintain accurate notes and records of residents and to hand over information to day staff that is relevant to the ongoing care of individual residents.
- Be available to attend all mandatory training, workshops, seminars, and other appropriate training as determined by the supervisor. This may be during day shift hours.
- Be available to work occasional day shifts in order to fill the gap of day caseworker who is in leave.
- Establish and maintain a good referral system according to the beneficiaries needs.
- Perform any other related tasks as directed by WPC supervisor or Project Coordinator.
1. Specific education requirements: Degree/Diploma of Sharia, Law Faculties or related discipline.
2. Related field experience requirements 2 years of work experience in community development, or community mobilization and/or relevant field.
3. Language Requirements (spoken/ written): Dari and Pashto.
1. Strong interpersonal communication skills
2. Be totally reliable, trustworthy and honest.
3. Be self-motivated and organized.
4. Be flexible and able to work unsupervised.
5. Be caring and sensitive to the needs of others.
6. Use initiative and have common sense.
7. Be able to work as part of a team.
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy Number (VWO-250) in the subject line of your email, or otherwise your email will reject from resume database, and will not be considered for review.