Activation Date: 09 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 09 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 15 Jun, 2021
About Children in Crisis (CiC) :
Children in Crisis began working in Kabul, Afghanistan, in 1997 and since then has worked consistently within Kabul and across Afghanistan’s provinces to improve access to quality education for the most marginalised children, to guarantee that children in conflict with the law have their legal rights protected and afforded to them, to increase the participation of women and girls in all areas of public and private life, and to remove disability as a barrier to inclusion in all areas of child’s life.
The Case management officer works under management of child protection specialist and he/she is responsible for implementing project main/key activities at the targeted communities with mutual support of team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with CiC – Street Child policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Undertake and meet all case management responsibilities in relation to individual children, including drafting of case plans within two week of identification, as direct by the line manager.
- Providing support, guidance and basic counselling to families, households and individuals in need, including facilitation of group PSS sessions.
- Continually update case notes to keep track of the case details and support assessments and revisions of case plans as client may need various type of support.
- Managing child protection cases considering all case management principles and requirements and to ensure that best interest of the child and do not harm principle is being entirely considered.
- Establish a good working relationship with communities, authorities and other relevant stakeholders and maintain regular, effective and meaningful contact with children and families.
- Facilitation of case management process/referrals ensuring confidentiality and also to ensure that consent and assent forms are filled individually to every child.
- Safe storage of all case management forms and to ensure that confidentiality in all case management forms is highly and seriously considered.
- Facilitate awareness raising for communities on relevant child protection concerns, case management reporting mechanisms, service mapping and referrals.
- Capacity building of local child protection structures for safe identification and referrals of child protection cases.
- Report any child safeguarding concerns to CIC specific focal point.
- Maintain an effective filing system for storing the project documentation in accordance with standard procedures.
- Conduction of ongoing assessment to address child protection cases.
- Attend relevant inter-agency coordination meetings, workshops and conferences as required.
- Any other tasks relate to child protection given by line manager.
- University degree preferably in social sciences.
- 3-4 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Fluency in English language and local languages (Pashto and Dari).
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required.
- Responsible, reliable, punctual and having ability to fulfill multi-task.
- Knowledge of archiving and filing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good follow up and organizing skills.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV (03 pages maximum) and Cover Letter (01 page maximum) to the following email address [email protected] not later than 15-06-2021. Please indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted whose education and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.