Activation Date: 20 May, 2021 Announced Date: 20 May, 2021 Expire Date: 01 Jun, 2021
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent
WVA has been one of the main education partners with Afghan Ministry of Education (MoE) since 2002. WVA education programming provides humanitarian, recovery and development projects to vulnerable out of school children (OOSC) who are affected by conflict/natural disaster, got internally displaced or are returnees from neighbor countries in remote and hard to reach areas. Education in Emergencies (EiE), Community Based Education (CBE), Youths’ Education, Teacher Training for community based and public schools teachers, School Improvement Plan (SIP) and School Construction are the main components WVA Education Programme.
This is a full-time, grant-funded Cash Distribution Officer position with regular travels to Qala-i-Now, Moqor, Abkamary and Qadis districts. The Cash distribution Officer will be responsible for implementing conditional and unconditional cash-distribution related activities under FRAMES project.
- Facilitate vulnerability assessment with MEAL unit to identify the vulnerable households for assistance
- Actively participate in beneficiary selection, beneficiary verification and beneficiary registration with MEAL unit
- Support WVA HIRO in receiving and inputting the beneficiary data into the LMMS, issuing beneficiary ration cards, generating BDLs and reports.
- Ensure developing cash distribution plans and take the necessary approvals from various units including project manager, security manager and zone manager and submit to cash, food and GIK unit for further process with the financial service provider (FSP).
- Conduct gender-sensitive market assessment of target areas for cash distributions to identify existing markets and women’s market access.
- Implement all cash distribution-related activities under WASH, Livelihood, Nutrition and Food Security components of the project.
- Coordinate closely with the project manager to ensure timely implementation of the project activities and get readiness for timely distribution of cash for the target communities.
- Ensure that all cash distribution process and activities are in line with WVA endorsed SOPs and procedures. Some of the main points can include establishing proper cash distribution layouts, ensuring daily cash reconciliation with the FSP and community reps, considering the COVID protocols and social distance and etc.
- Ensure proper Beneficiary Distribution Lists with beneficiary thump prints are prepared and submitted to project manager for payment and filing processes.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the implementation of the project.
- Provide regular updates to FSL officer, Cash and GIK unit on all project activities including beneficiary selection, verification and cash distribution.
- Travel regularly to all project sites to ensure proper implementation and quality of project activities and prepare cash distribution plan based completion percentage of the work.
- Maintain excellent working relations with project stakeholder, partners and other contractors.
- Ensure project activities and hiring of the labours are in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Ensure project activities are in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Submission of monthly cash requests for project operations
- Other tasks assigned by the project Manager.
- Reporting planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Submission of monthly cash requests for project operations
- Responsible to provide daily cash reconciliation report and monthly cash distribution report to FSL and Cash Food and GIK unit.
- Ensure cash distributed to the selected beneficiary based on the beneficiary identification cards (LMMS or paper card) that have been distributed to the beneficiaries at the verification time.
- Prevent for any fraud, corruption of allocated cash to project beneficiaries.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (BHA) interventions.
Required Professional Experience:
- At least two years of experience working with NGOs in Finance, cash distribution, field Marketing.
- A Bachelor degree in accounting, management, marketing, and /or social science with work experience is essential.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or economic and Work experience in financial and accounting is highly preferred.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required: Badghis (Qormach), Faryab (Maiman city,Pashton Kot, & Qaisar)
- Physically able to travel to work sites.
- Fluent in Dari language
- Familiar in Pashto language.
- Able to write the report in English Language
Note: This position is subject to donor’s approval.
The application closing date is 01-June-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1112) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1112) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید