Activation Date: 31 May, 2021 Announced Date: 31 May, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Jun, 2021
The Liaison Office (TLO) founded in 2003 as an Afghan non-governmental organization (NGO) that emerged from a Swisspeace pilot project (supported by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung) on good governance in connection to peace and reconstruction or reconciliation process. TLO has since evolved into as an independent Afghan NGO registered under number 611 with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. TLO was founded with the aim of improving local governance, stability, and security through systematic and institutionalized engagement with customary structures, local communities, civil society groups, and government institutions. TLO is based in Kabul, with regional offices in Paktia, Khost, Kandahar, Herat, Mazar, and Nangarhar and additional field offices across Afghanistan. TLO works to achieve its objectives through key program activities: research and analysis, dialogue facilitation for peacebuilding, access to justice and governance, humanitarian assistance, third party monitoring and evaluation, and environment & natural resources management. The guidelines for these activities are strictly based on the “do-no-harm” approach and Conflict Sensitive Programm Management (CSPM), which are participatory and community-led.
The Liaison Office (TLO) in coordination with Paktia and Khost Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (PAIL) Directorates has plan to rehabilitate watersheds in suitable locations of Paktia and Khost’s provinces under Sustainable Livelihood and Social Development (SLSD) project funded by Swiss Development and Cooperation Agency SDC.
1 Role of the SLSD Phase 3 CB-NRM & DRR Specialist
The SLSD Phase 3 Project Community-Based Natural Resources Management (CB-NRM) Specialist will lead on the second pathway of Theory of Change which focus on CB-NRM institutions halt degradation of the natural resources and sustainable/ inclusively manage them.
The CB-NRM Specialist will also lead the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) component of SLSD Phase 3.
Additionally, the CB-NRM and DRR Specialist will lead on design and implementation of the planned interventions, and coordination of his/her activities with relevant stakeholders.
He/she duty station will be in Paktia and Khost province (50% Paktia and 50% Khost) and supervise two CB-NRM and DRR Officers based in Paktia and Khost provinces.
He/she will work under the supervision of the Project Manager, and in close coordination with Provincial Coordinator, Technical Consultant.
2. Responsibilities of the SLSD Phase 3 CB-NRM & DRR Specialist
- Lead on second pathway of CB-NRM Institutions halt degradation of the natural resources and sustainably/inclusively manage them.
- Lead on desk review of CB-NRM operational manual, field research about tribal agreements regarding forest, and watershed landscape and vegetation resources assessment.
- Lead on CB-NRM institutions establishment, formal registration, community technical need assessment, and institution technical training to build CB-NRM institutional technical and institutional capacity.
- Lead on execution and implementation of CB-NRM stabilization and management plans with inputs from SLSD Phase 3.
- Develop CB-NRM comprehensive concept notes by suing different tools like Google Earth and GIS etc.
- Monitor and evaluate CB-NRM activities to make sure that the activities are on track.
- Prepare procurement plan and BoQ for CBNRM activities.
- Transect-Walk for identifying watersheds boundaries
- Supervise CB-NRM and DRR Officers based in Paktia and Khost provinces.
- Coordinate Project activities with implementing partners, provincial line departments, district authorities, DDAs, and CDCs.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachler Degree in Natural Resource Management or relevant fields, Master degree will be preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of work experience in NRM or related fields
- Strong NRM and training facilitation and presentation skills
- Good understand of local context and ability of demarcation and layout by using A-frame.
- Strong and technical skills with respect to NRM activities, NRM related concept notes development, training design skills.
- Strong and technical skills in Google Earth and GIS
- Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches and technical experts in the NRM sector.
- Good report writing skills in English as per donor requirements
While sending your CV & Cover letter in one file, please mention the vacancy number, and position name in the subject line as (TLO-V2021-031 -CB-NRM & DRR Specialist), application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration by TLO.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
TLO is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.