Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization working to assist in the reconstruction of Afghanistan. SCA’s interventions inside Afghanistan began in 1982. Today SCA runs four major development programmers within Disability, Education, Health and Rural Development and is one of the largest NGOs in the country. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), race, color, religion, marital status, sex, physical disability, or veteran status.
Scope of Work:
Disability Programm (DP) is a Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) disability programme working for the full inclusion of Person with Disabilities in the society through provision of services; such as physical rehabilitations, vocational training, and access to loan for their economic independence. DP program provides preparatory education for children with disabilities with the aim of preparing them for inclusion in mainstream schools. DP is running awareness rising activities towards the family and community members about the right and need of Person with Disabilities. DP is working for the institutional capacity building of Disabled People Organizations (DPOs), professional associations, and disability sector NGOs. This programme also advocates towards the Governments for inclusion of disability and disabled people right to education, health, employment in their policies and strategies.
The Community Based Rehabilitation Worker (CBR-worker) is the responsible person in terms of implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation, recognition and integration of PwDs within community level; where awareness, training and linking PwDs with external service providers are key tools
- House to house surveys of PwD within his/her target area
- Assess needs of PwD with assistance of Physiotherapy, Special Education and Employment Support sections and prepare plan for rehabilitation intervention including selection of training material
- Work as a first referral source for the implementation of CBR strategy
- Assist Disability Project trainers in establishment of CBR Committees
- Identify and mobilise available local resources and utilise for better implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation of PwD
- To promote awareness and given advice on disability and rehabilitation issues to the community
- To promote community’s knowledge regarding disabilities and its prevention at different stage
- Facilitate school integration of children with disability after completion of preparatory education
- Identify and introduce the PwD for vocational skills training and loan schemes to SCA employment support, Government agencies and any other organization working in the same area.
- Assist PwD in filling of revolving loan application forms and collect loan instalments from loan borrowers
- Distribute publications such as Village Page to all villages covered by him/her, Wall magazine into all schools and health centres in the concerned area
- Assist Disability Project Information Officers in writing of disability articles and life stories of PwD or address them to the information staff
- Technically assist the DPOs in identifying the PwDs
- Refer needy PwD to other rehabilitation resources inside and outside of Disability Project,
- Any other job related task assigned by Disability project manager, CBR senior supervisor, social integration officer and CBR field supervisor.
- Provide training to family trainers and community volunteers in the topics or material to be used for
- rehabilitation of PwD in home-based training
- To assist and facilitate the social trainer in conducting trainings for community members, teachers,
- health staff and other disability stake holders on disability rights and other related topics.
Tasks of inter-organizational relation:
- Promote gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background
- To participate actively in workshops, seminars & conference organised by the SCA management
- Promotes good coordination with other SCA projects, all RMOs units and other units/departments at RMOs
Tasks of relation with external agencies
- To participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the RAD projects and SCA in general
- To attend the coordination meetings with other organisations when Field Supervisor and/or Social Integration officer asked to do
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 12 grade School Graduation, bachelor’s degree in social science or community development or Education will be advantaged
- 3-4 years’ relevant in community development or social mobilization, experience in the area of disability is an asset
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in Pashto/Dari, both written and spoken, other local languages will be big asset,
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- To be Afghan National and from the local area.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to [email protected]
- Subject line must be: (CBR Worker HRM/JRMO 36-21) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.