Activation Date: 23 May, 2021 Announced Date: 23 May, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Jun, 2021
DAARTT (Danish Assistance to Afghan Rehabilitation and Technical Training) is an NGO established in Afghanistan by the Danish People’s Aid (DPA) in 2003.
The organization is specialized in construction and has built more than 200 schools, clinics and other buildings in Afghanistan, but is also engaged in humanitarian activities, such as construction of wells for drought-hit families and distribution of non-food items and emergency cash to people in need. Activities are funded by AHF and Danish humanitarian funds. DAARTT is a member of ACBAR and of the Shelter and NFI, WASH and education clusters.
DAARTT is expanding its humanitarian activities and is therefore looking for a qualified humanitarian consultant to support this effort. The consultant will be drawn upon for a range of specific tasks according to the needs of DAARTT. Remuneration will be based on an agreed daily fee and timeframe for each task.
Chief Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Description:
The Chief Monitoring and Evaluation (CM&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project
Specific Job Description:
- Produce persuasive proposals to suit the needs of an organization that encourage funding or donations
- Research proposal topics and audiences to achieve the best reception
- Strategize with an organization leadership to set reasonable goals for proposals
- Inform organization and donor about what the basis for a proposal is as well as why these agents should execute the stated plan
- Determine a concept for company proposals by attending meetings and identifying opportunities
- Edit and revise proposals according to notes given by executives and your fellow proposal writers (other members of Humanitarian Project Clusters and construction NGOS /Companies)
- Develop Monitor plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation of Project.
- Work closely with the DAARTT Program Staff to ensure that feedback to county offices implementing the programme is within time.
- Lead efforts in reviewing existing data collection and information management systems to identify and initiate M&E technology innovations
- Manage and conduct qualitative and quantitative monitoring among program beneficiaries and other stakeholders, such as surveys, focus group discussions, interviews and case studies
- Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective staff
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability according to DAARTT framework.
- Conduct surveys, interview and monitoring also observation to collect first hand data when required.
- Leads analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Synthesize and summarize trends in program monitoring data including those generated from evaluations across programming pillars that can be used to inform programming.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English
APPLYING WITHOUT DAARTT STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM OR NOT FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM PROPERLY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORT-LISTING,
DAARTT STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE ON WWW.ACBAR.ORG
We will accept only online applications. Please send your online applications by 10th June 2021 @ 23:55 Hours midnight.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
The subject line must include (Chief Monitoring and Evaluation Officer VA# DC003/2021) otherwise your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.