Activation Date: 01 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 03 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 09 Apr, 2021
About Children in Crisis (CiC) :
Children in Crisis began working in Afghanistan in 1997 and since then has worked consistently within Kabul and across Afghanistan’s provinces to improve access to quality education for the most marginalized children. It has also strived to ensure that children in conflict with the law have their legal rights protected and to increase the participation of women and girls in all areas of public and private life.
The child care worker will be working as part of CiC’s project in Kabul Female Prison Detention Centre (KFPDC). This project aims to improve the situation in prison and simultaneously increase safety and self-sufficiency upon release. The proposed project further seeks to raise standards in the Kabul Female Prison Detention Centre (KFPDC).
Children in Crisis will offer initial training in child care and child safeguarding and an apprenticeship at KFPDC. The child care workers will be responsible for child care services and distribution of snacks, toys and hygiene materials. These are national positions and the salaries are set according to experience in previous program implementation. The child care workers will assure adherence to child safeguarding policies and procedure and report breaches to the Safeguarding Complaints Committee. Child care workers will also report to the Project coordinator and are subject to regular performance appraisal as per the staff handbook.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care.
- Distribution of snacks, toys, hygiene materials and help children to keep good hygiene.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests including activities to learn how to count, draw, read and write the alphabet, engage in story-telling and other skills.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Instruct children in health, hygiene, and life habits.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of mothers.
- Ensure child’s safeguarding policies are observed and report any breaches to the line manager.
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with mothers to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- At least 2-years’ experience of working as child care worker in Kindergarten/school or related field.
- High school completion certificate will be preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of child rights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and local languages.
- The ability to deliver child right trainings in local languages
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children and their parents
- Previous experience of working with Prison will be preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV (03 pages maximum) and Cover Letter (01 page maximum) to the following email address [email protected] not later than 06-04-2021. Please indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted whose education and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITHOUT CHILDREN IN CRISES RECRUITMENT FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FILL THE RECRUITMENT FORM AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR APPLICATION.