Activation Date: 24 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 24 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 03 Apr, 2021
About Womanity Foundation:
WF Background in Afghanistan:
The Womanity Foundation (WF) is a nonpolitical and nonprofit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland and registered in the United Kingdom as well as with ministry of Economy in Afghanistan.
Inspired by the UN Millennium Development Goals no. 3 and no. 5, Womanity aims to provide good quality education to girls in Afghanistan to offer them better academic and career opportunities and give them the opportunity to positively contribute in the society.
According to the strategy of Womanity and collaboration with the Ministry of Education MOE, Womanity refined what it would like to be its unique value added in Afghanistan and reformulated the scope and reach of the program advancing girls education in Afghanistan.
The foundation launched in 2011 the program “School in a Box: Advancing Girls’ Education in Afghanistan” and considering the needs of technology in the country, Womanity added a program named GCC to focus on the vocational training opportunities for the girls in grade 10 to 12 in the impact schools.
Through this program Womanity is organizing a three-year career excellency tech path for students in the mentioned grades. We also develop partnership with companies and organizations to offers internship opportunity to girls graduated from GCC program and provide them access to the labor market.
Womantiy Foundation is recruiting Coding and Web Development Trainer in Kabul Afghanistan.
- Organizing and delivering Coding and Web Development Lectures to twelfth grade students six days per week in Womanity impact school.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials i.e. homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluating a students’ class work and assignments.
- Performing classroom management.
- The trainer must have good attitude to work with youth and motivate them in pursuing their professional and academic careers.
- Trainer should work towards achievement of the program objectives and in particular ensuring that students maintain a good attendance rate and learning achievements.
- The Trainer should keep track of data related to student: attendance, pre and posttest scores and material covered during the course as per the tracking files distributed by Womanity.
- During the course session according to the plan, pre-tests, post-tests, quizzes and final tests should be taken from students.
- Provide any necessary support to Womanity staff in terms of donor and Ministries reporting.
- Two months prior to the end of the class, trainer must prepare detailed plan to propose final project of students and create students’ groups working on each project. Required support should be provided to each individual in the group so that they would work independently in the future.
- Support Womantiy Team for compiling data and reports.
- Trainer needs to provide required assistance to Womanity partnership officer in terms of partnerships and creating job and internship opportunities to alumni students and current students of the coding class.
- Trainer needs to facilitate extra curricula classes related to student’s future needs such as preparing CVs, Email Writing, and other related topics during the course of the year.
- Trainer needs to report on monthly bases the follow up data of both classes that include attendance, quizzes, test, and pre/post test. The trainers must report to Womanity by end of each month considering all aspect of the program including success stories of the classes during the entire month.
- Trainer must be on time for providing required data for reports and information of the classes she leads for the Womanity staff.
- Conduct monthly meeting with school administration and parents to share the success/challenges and aware them on any individual issues and report it to Womanity together with the monthly reports.
- Support partnership officer in implementation of program.
- It would be desirable to have candidates that can represent good role models for students.
The Candidate must have the following capabilities:
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences
- Fluency in English Language
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding best teaching methodologies.
- Ability of teaching and controlling well the class
Interested Afghan female candidates with the required qualifications and experience should submit their updated resumes and motivation letters and three professional references with complete names and email addresses of people we can be contacted on their behalf; electronically to [email protected]
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed, you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date of the position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted