Activation Date: 09 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 09 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 16 Jun, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Setting up regular monitoring mechanisms for health promotion activities at the community level.
- In collaboration with community health manager and community elders, ensuring and maintaining the implementation of health promotion and infection and prevention activities at the community level as well as at health facilities level.
- Ensures the effective implementation of the Infection Prevention Control (IPC guidelines through its advocacy and strict adherence, including the appropriate use of PPE as and when required.
- Works independently and seeks support/advice when challenged.
- Provide technical support to IPC mentor and health promotion assistant through conducting regular training and supportive supervision.
- Work closely with community health Manager to identify and develop refresher training for clinical, non-clinical staff, and community volunteers to ensure continued awareness of the IPC and health promotion guidelines adopted by IRC/MOPH.
- Follows and supervises the daily IPC and health promotion activities at the community level as well as health facilities level.
- Support the health facilities ensure that triage, screening, and isolation procedure at the health facilities are followed
- Work with EH engineers to ensure that the environmental controls to support IPC meet the required IPC standards.
- Work with health facilities senior management to set up and mentor the IPC committees and IPC focal persons for each of the health facilities IRC will be supporting.
- Conduct regular monitoring of IPC progress for each of the health facilities and take quick action in case the protocols are not followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical health. Graduated from a recognized medical faculty.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in same position
- Experience in emergency response, including rapid assessments and needs analysis
- Experience in hygiene promotion in humanitarian contexts
- Excellent knowledge to speak and write English
- Good level of literacy and numeracy of computer skills.
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque
Refer to submission guideline