Activation Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 02 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 11 Jun, 2021
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
- Document review & preparation:
- Lead on the implementation of ACTED’s Compliance & Transparency (C&T) processes and the related review of adherence to ACTED’s FLATS manuals and procedures;
- Oversee the digitalization of ACTED’s financial documentation, including the proper and accurate filing of all documents for archiving purposes;
- Manage spot checks on the compliance of the Finance, Administration & HR and Logistics teams’ processes and identify training needs;
- Conduct due diligence of potential implementing partners in line with ACTED’s guidelines, identifying and tracking required areas for improvement and / or risk mitigation;
- Support the Country C&T Management with preparation for internal and external audits;
- Follow-up on findings from internal audits and spot-checks to: (i) assess progress against recommendations, (ii) gather supporting evidence of completion and (iii) identify training needs;
- With the support of Country C&T Management:
- Ensure a clear feedback loop is in place internally to proactively address identified areas for improvement; and
- Provide training on and / or reinforce knowledge and compliance capacities of Finance, Administration & HR and Logistics staff based on: (i) international best practice, (ii) donor requirements and (iii) the findings of internal and external audit.
Surveying & Reporting:
- Lead on the preparation all supporting documentation for the monthly compliance report, for use by the Afghanistan mission coordination and by ACTED HQ;
- Conduct monthly market surveys of the main procured materials/services and products identified in the country market basket.
- Provide weekly reports on tasks completed;
- Perform other reporting tasks as delegated by the Country C&T Management.
- Actively promote ACTED’s Code of Conduct and 8 Global policies within all ACTED offices in country, with particular focus on ACTED’s policies on (i) Anti-fraud, bribery and corruption, (ii) Anti-terrorism and (iii) Conflict of Interest Prevention;
- Work independently from all other departments to provide an objective review and accountability mechanism;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times regarding the department’s findings, only disclosing information with the permission of the Country C&T Management
- Minimum, BBA, BA in Economics
- Experience: At least three years of relevant experience
- Languages: Fluency in Dari/Pashto/ and English is required
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities
- Computer office package
- Able to work independently or as a team member
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email
Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will received after closing date.