Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 03 Jun, 2021
The Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief and Development, ACBAR, is an independent forum founded in 1988 in response to the demand from NGOs working with Afghan refugees in Pakistan and across the border in Afghanistan to coordinate assistance and delivery of services more efficiently. With its main office in Kabul since 2002, ACBAR brings together 164 National and International NGOs working in in all sectors of humanitarian assistance and development in Afghanistan. ACBAR has a mission to provide an efficient platform for members to carry out effective humanitarian, development, and peace building activities in Afghanistan.
Essential tasks include the following:
- Support the Regional Manager in daily activities in the office
- Make necessary arrangements for meetings and coordination efforts
- Prepare monthly meetings schedule
- Update the necessary contact list of relevant NGO members, UN agencies, local authorities and other concerned stakeholders
- Assist the Regional Manager in preparing minutes, reports and other documents for NGO members and for head office
- Filing of all key documents in files
- To keep official letters in the office and provide to other offices when required
- To look after and maintain a register of all office equipment in the office
- Follow the regulations, staff policies and respect the organization structure
- Perform any other task as requested by Line Manager and/or Senior Management including assisting colleagues in other departments
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or attribute required.
- Ability to assist and talk to many colleagues, NGO staff including Director level
- Ability to follow instructions and to ask for help when necessary
- Courteous and polite when representing ACBAR
- EDUCATION, TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Three years minimum professional experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS, MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to speak and write English mandatory, Dari and Pashto preferred
- Ability to communicate meeting details and other information to colleagues and management.
- Ability to review documents and procedures, then approve or recommend improvements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and lift a minimum of 7 kg. The employee frequently is required to sit during regular office hours, walk, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include computer work using close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- In Kandahar office inside and outside
- In Kandahar while with driver in vehicles and outside
- Travel to provinces required
- Work in other NGO offices required
All applications must be sent by email to the address below. Deadline is 12.00, midnight,
03 Jun 2021. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV and a separate application letter which includes your motivation for applying for this position.
The subject line of your email must contain the vacancy number and job title of the position.