Activation Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 20 Jun, 2021
About Bakhtar University:
Bakhtar University (BU) is one of the Afghanistan’s oldest and most prestigious privately held Universities. Bakhtar University is now recognized as an integral part in Kabul’s growing economic, political and social dynamics. With an academic focus on Accounting, Business Management, Leadership Development, Engineering, Law, Political Science, Journalism and entrepreneurial studies, BU strives to provide students with a broad general education and necessary knowledge and skills to stimulate their desire for life-long learning. The recent accreditation of BU by International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) is a testimony to the fact that BU strongly believes in quality education, based on research, learning, innovation and technology. BU has a commitment to the next generation of business, political and cultural leaders in the modernization and economic revival of Afghanistan. BU focuses on building academic linkages and partnerships with regional and international universities, two notable examples of these are MOUs signed for faculty exchange and research collaboration with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) India and Ata Turk University of turkey. BU works with government and non-government entities to serve the purposes of local and regional reconstruction, BU has partnerships with USAID, the Asia Foundation and the World Bank, since working together; we have trained over 2000 civil servants from 25 different government entities. To illustrate our role in economic and social empowerment of women, we became the first private University that started master degree programs in Afghanistan and to enroll and educate women as an integral part of the University’s commitment to diversity and pluralism.
The Dean will be the representative of the MCS/BCS faculty in the university.
- The Dean will be responsible for all the meetings and for the growth of the faculty;
- The dean will be responsible to implement the policies, rules and regulations assign by VCA in the faculty;
- Supervision of administration and financial issues of the faculty;
- Preparing the progress reports of the faculty and reporting all of them to VCA;
- Calling meetings of the CR’s of all classes of the faculty, collecting the complaints and suggestions and solving the problems within the faculty;
- Cooperating with the finance faculty for collecting student fees;
- Motivating teachers to perform well;
- Cooperating with other faculties and bringing innovation in all faculties with the approval of VCA and VC;
- Supervise recruiting, staffing, training, and performance appraisals for faculty and staff members of the MCS/ BCS faculty;
- Ensures compliance with concerning faculty and credentials in all MCS/BCS faculty programs;
- Helps recruit faculty students with Admissions office;
- Prepare and supervise budget related to the on and off-campus of MCS/BCS faculty programs;
- Completes Annual Reports for the faculty;
- Completes and monitor Academic Assessment and Strategic Planning documents;
- Exercise general supervision over the work and conduct, of faculty and staff in advising students of the MCS/BCS faculty;
- Recommend the appointment, promotion, tenure and dismissal of faculty members after consultation with VCA;
- The Dean shall direct the work of the faculty and administrative staff in the faculty;
- Dean is responsible for all functions and matters of the respected Faculty;
- In fulfilling the responsibilities of this office, the Dean shall preside call meetings of the faculty;
- Supervise the curriculum, courses outline, and methods of instruction and work with faculty for improvement, implement the purposes of the faculty consistent with those of the University and the policies of the management;
- Recruits new full-time and adjunct faculty members for the faculty with the approval of VCA;
- Preparing course outline for the students;
- Arranging meeting with VCA regarding the updated curriculum based on the market demand;
- Collecting attendance report from all the faculty members and keeping record;
- He/she has to take 8- 10 classes per week.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent language proficiency in Dari, Pashto, and English
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience in this position.
- Familiar with updated technology.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs and supporting documents (verified and attested degrees or educational documents) via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be short listed;
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Address: Bakhtar University, Kart-e-Char Opposite to Ministry of Higher Education, Kabul, Afghanistan – Contact Number 0093 (0)786353535