Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About Aga Khan Education Services, Afghanistan:
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and non-formal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment.
AKES Afghanistan (AKES,A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2004. Ever since, AKES,A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES,A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several Area Offices.
AKES,A is determined to establish the Aga Khan Early Learning Resource Center (AKELRC) in Kabul in 2021. The AKELRC will be a flagship ECD program serving as the national AKDN ECD Resource Center for early years and family programs in the country. The AKELRC, upon becoming a center of excellence for government, development partners and the private sector, will continuously create traditional and alternative professional development tools, resources and opportunities for ECD teachers and practitioners at the national level. Finally, the AKELRC will move up the AKES,A ECD program expansion and program reform agenda through providing technical and programmatic support to a wide network of ECD centers (through Hub and Spokes Model) in eight provinces of Afghanistan.
The ECD Facilitator will be responsible for developing and implementing educational programs and activities for ECD Teachers, Children and Communities in the respective ECD Sub – Centers. The program and activities must be attractive, interesting and supportive based on the need of the ECD teachers and parents to support the children’s emotional, linguistic, cognitive, physical and social developmental areas. On the other hand, the ECD facilitator will support the ECD teachers in creating conducive learning and development environment in their respective ECD center.
- Assist the Regional ECD Program Officer in providing the initial orientation training for the ECD & PE teaching staff and classroom setup whenever the program is started in the respective ECD sub – Centers.
- Assist the Regional ECD Program Officer to develop and implement educational trainings and workshops for the ECD & PE teaching staff on regular basis based on the teachers and community needs and programs’ objectives.
- Make sure that all the ECD sub – centers’ programs are well designed functional and the teachers are implementing the planned activities and initiatives positively.
- Regularly visit the ECD & PE classes in the sub – centers, provide on – job workshop, feedback and support to the ECD & PE teaching staff in order to implement the High Scope and Parental Education curriculums and approaches appropriately.
- Participate in developing ECD or PE curriculum and course outlines based on the needs and requirements of the community and program in the respective ECD sub – centers.
- Ensure that the PE and ECD programs are interlinked and the staff of both programs in the respective ECD sub – centers fully understand and implement the components of health, hygiene, child-caring and development approach.
- Conduct the ECD classes and awareness sessions for the children and parents whenever is required in the respective ECD sub – centers.
- Assist the Regional ECD Program Officer in recruiting the ECD & PE teaching staff in the respective ECD sub – centers.
- Assist the Regional ECD Program Officer while appraising the performance of ECD & PE staff in the respective ECD sub – centers.
- Participate actively in trainings, workshops, seminars and exposure visits in the region or out of the region whenever needed/planned.
- Work with other staff members to form a positive and supportive team atmosphere.
- Work as a regional team member for the development of all other programs in the region.
- Update the coordinator for any incidents occurred in the ECD sub – centers for further actions (students’ attendance, dropout, absentee, issues, or any other administrative incidents).
- Share the lesson planning, children and parents’ progress records, teachers need and challenges, planning, materials needed and any other academic related documents, activities and challenges with the respective Regional ECD Program Officer or his/her nominees whenever is required.
- Prepare and share routine reports (monthly, quarterly and yearly) with the respective Regional ECD Program Officer on the progress and challenges of the ECD sub – centers.
- To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to protecting children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with Safeguarding Manual and Child Safeguaring Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Psychology.
- 3 years of experience in ECD.
- Advance knowledge and skills in Conducting Trainings, budgeting and planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari
- Ability to work in community
- Good performance in drawing, handwriting, mathematics, gesturing and decoration skills and abilities.
- Have attend training and workshops about child development.
- Must be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment; and be willing continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Must be able to relate with and speak to parents and others in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Must be able to identify the new knowledge and skills, which will be useful and support her in work and practices.
To apply for this position, kindly use the below link and fill up the form.
Female applicants, who meet the above stated requirements, are encouraged to apply.