Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 06 Jun, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- In charge of overseeing day-to-day field-level activities, ensuring these are completed according to standards.
- Conduct regular visits to project implementation sites for quality assurance and engage with communities as needed.
- Ensure proper reporting and monitoring of program activities in coordination with M&E, including drafting of project reports.
- Lead and participate in needs assessments and distributions as required. Draft and compile assessment and distribution documents for all caseloads.
- Lead referrals of vulnerable beneficiaries to additional service providers when relevant and as possible (internal and external stakeholders).
- Supervise, guide, and support ER Assistants on their daily tasks, in line with established work plans.
- Ensure project-related issues and challenges are addressed in a timely manner by informing line manager and relevant departments
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, including community leaders, government departments, NGOs, community-based organizations and other IRC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination
- Internal teams: ER, security, protection, finance, logistics, MEAL
- External: relevant government departments (DoRR, ANDMA), local community Shuras, elders, CDCs, Islamic scholars, and projects’ beneficiaries
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Associate/Technical or Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum three years of experience working with local or international NGOs, with two years doing emergency programming (ex: winterization, NFI, and Shelter).
- Experience in managing the collection, recording, and analysis of data.
- Demonstrated experience in building networks and working with government bodies and communities
- Good management skills, report writing, and administrative skills
- Familiarity with the local province’s context, culture, traditions, and its sensitiveness
- Good knowledge of MS office (mainly Word and Excel)
- Strong communication skills; fluency in Dari and Pashto required, and good knowledge of spoken and written English desired
- Ability to cope with stress, work under difficult circumstances, and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate at short notice, outside the normal area of operations, and for short periods of time (the position is 70% field base)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline