Activation Date: 27 May, 2021 Announced Date: 27 May, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority :
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development.
- National Water Regulation Authority will have develop and comprehensive plan for water resources management in country. Conduct water balance analysis of existing and future subproject demand, including cumulative and downstream impacts with adjacent planned development and potential impacts of climate change on water quality and availability. Assess the impact of the dams and irrigation projects performance of the selected sites, for better management of the water. The Environment Engineer is responsible to assist and support the preparation and implementation of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and Resettlement Action Plan and social safeguards issues. The Environment Engineer will ensure the timely and appropriate relation between Regional Project staff, government authorities, community representatives, contractors, and NWARA management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct environmental and social safeguard assessments and data collection for the preparation of RAP and ESMP for Dam and water infrastructure projects
- Regular site supervision of the implementation of the ESMP by contractor.
- Periodic supervision and monitoring of the project activities and make sure that the activities are in compliance with ESMP and COPA.
- Carry out regular monitoring of the environmental and social mitigation measures and RAP implementation.
- Dissemination of project information to community/PAPs as proposed in the ESIA and RAP and Monitor project office compliance with this requirement.
- Conduct timely and accurate assessments of people affected by the project are implemented in line with the ESIA and RAP requirements.
- Carry out consultation with PAPs, PAFs, community, district governor and other stakeholders during RAP preparation and during project construction phase.
- Assist the ESMU in development and preparing of RAP, ESMP and update ESIA and other ESM reports.
- Ensure the implementation of site-specific environmental and social management plans by the contractors.
- Ensure the implementation of Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) as per the project guidelines.
- Ensure that all project activities and its implementation are in compliance with approved ESIA, ESMP and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP).
- Preparing environmentally feasibility study report for the projects.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as requested by the head of design department.
- Help in contributing towards diagnostic analysis of Irrigation schemes
- Assist Design engineers and making sure projects are complying with Environmental standards
- Conduct other tasks assigned by GDWMA
- Based on project ESM policy, survey and collection of environmental and social safeguard data, development of ESM reports and document, and ensuring the implementation of Site-Specific ESMP, RAP and relevant procedures in coordination with provincial Office.
Monitoring and reporting on the proposed environmental and social mitigation measures in the site-specific ESMP.
- Bachelor Degree in, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- Hydrology/Hydraulic, Water Resources Engineering with 5 years of experiences
- • Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering Civil Engineering, Hydrology/Hydraulic, Water Resources Engineering, with 3 years experience, 1 year relevant.
- Experience in EIA
- Relevant experience in preparing ESMP, EIA for the projects
- Experience in implementation of site-specific environmental and social management plans
- Should have experience in writing reports, performing data analyses, and writing technical documents.
- Experience with capacity building and institutional development related to social development issues;
- Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to manage tasks associated with the development of projects is desirable.
- Experience working in multicultural teams is desirable.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Technical judgement with the ability to understand and speak to technical project plans and documents.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as well as fluency in national languages (Pashto and Dari).
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is not acceptable only fill the Application letter, Otherwise Cv will be ignored without any consideration.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #1 /Application Number #14
The candidates who send their Application Form without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320