Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Work with co-operative attitude and keep a high standard of quality
- Develop spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the organization
- Responsible for the EPI activities of the project
- Ensure that all supplies and vaccines are available in each health facility
- Supervise, evaluate and follow- up the activity and output of vaccinators in all health facilities and outreach activities
- Ensure vaccination reports are prepared properly and submitted timely
- Actively participate with PEMT and provincial office of UNICEF and district EPI teams to develop plans for EPI activities of the catchments areas including micro plan.
- Provide training courses to the vaccinators Technicians as well as conduct on the job trainings
- Coordinate with PEMT and UNICEF to ensure vaccines/supplies are delivered to the health facilities on time.
- To ensure a reliable cold chain is maintained in the main cold room as well as in the all HFs’
- Coordinate with the concerned agencies on EPI related issues including NIDs.
- Make sure that vaccinators maintain proper registration and documentation of EPI activities
- Manage EPI databases and filing system.
- Provide monthly EPI feedback to Health facilities.
- Assist in quality data generation and quality data entry.
- Do any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
Public Health or Nursing from a recognized institute, MD doctor is preferred
- At least three years of working in EPI program.
- Familiarity with BPHS/EPHS
- Experience in conducting trainings and having communication skills is an asset.
- Computer knowledge and English language is advantageous.
- Operating Systems: Advanced Excel and Access
- Application Tools: MS Office, Mail.
- Data analysis: Analyses all data from EPI Hub and HMIS.be.
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (BMN-EPI Officer-001) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.