Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 06 Jun, 2021
About The Johanniter:
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V is a German non-governmental organisation dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide. Johanniter is operational in Afghanistan since 2002 providing health services to IDPs, returnees and host communities
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Develop monthly monitoring visit plan and coordinate with line supervisor for review and coordinate with implementing partner (IP ie MMRCA) project team for necessary support in transportation and integration of plans of their team for field visits.
- Review and finalize monitoring tools (checklist(s), exit interview, remote call monitoring tools) and use it during the monitoring visits to the field
- Use monitoring tools and fill with information and share reviewed and analysed copy along with the recommendations with the line department (via email) and file the hard signed copy for record at Badghis office.
- Avoid direct feedback to the facility staff and share findings with the project office time only after review and approval of line manager.
- Follow monitoring findings of previous visits and record progress made by partner organization (MMRCA) against the gaps identified and officially communicated with IP project team.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits in the project locations, collect data using agreed methodology and monitoring tools and human-interest stories
- Ensure monitoring reports are timely produced and shared with the project management team at provincial and national level
- Documentation of project activities through videos and photos with consent of staff and beneficiaries
- Represent Johanniter International Assistance in cluster and coordination meetings at the provincial level
- Track and manage training plans to ensure activities are implemented and conducted on time as planned
- Provide support to implementing partners in terms of organizing staff trainings, identifying the participants and communicating with the trainers/resource persons and reproduction of training materials and handouts including translation in local language
- Coordinate with Badghis PHD and MMRCA to ensure that all trainings, training halls and all kind of support and equipment are timely arranged and shared with the project team in Badghis province
- Ensure pre and post- test are administered during the training sessions, results analysed and training reports prepared and submitted
- Attend MMRCA office daily and remain present during official hours and duly sign attendance sheet
- Participate in provincial level coordination meetings in behalf of Johanniter International Assistance.
- Participate in monthly health facility shura meetings and record their feedback and recommendation on service provision
- Any other task assigned by line manager
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED:
- holds self- accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling JUH mission and values
- holds the partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- builds and maintains effective relationships with the team, colleagues, partners and service users
- values diversity, and sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks
- honest, encourages openness and transparency
- demonstrates the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in monitoring of humanitarian assistance projects in remote/hard to reach areas
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- Computer literate and proficient in using internet
- Willingness and flexibility to travel in hard to reach and insecure districts for Badghis province.
Applications for this position (including a cover letter and updated CV) should be sent to: [email protected] on or before 06 June 2021
Please indicate “Field Monitoring Officer” in the subject line of your email.