Activation Date: 10 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 10 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 17 Jun, 2021
About Global Impact Management Consulting (GIMC):
Global Impact Management Consulting (GIMC) is an innovative Afghan international development firm established by a team of private sector and development experts with innovation, relevance, and quality as its core values. GIMC helps organizations transform to become more efficient, sustainable, and profitable. At GIMC we believe in delivering quality services to our clients and utilize a long-term vision to engage with and support them. To learn more about GIMC, please visit our website: www.gimciternational.com.
GIMC is hiring two Technical Consultants to include as Lead and Associate for the proposal for Final Evaluation of Food aid and improved access to shelter, safe drinking water and hygiene through cash-transfer measures for internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the province of Herat, Afghanistan.
To ensure survival and basic livelihoods of people in extreme need, Caritas Germany (through its partners Cordaid and TdH) provided IDPs, returnees and vulnerable populations living in remote areas of Ghoryan, Kohsan, Kharuk, Kushk Rabat Sangi and Pashtun Zarghun districts, in Herat province, with emergency lifesaving assistance. The Evaluation will provide a clear understanding of the key issues and challenges of the response through rigorous evidence-based analysis. Conclusions emerging from the evaluation will clarify the appropriateness of the response and its impact in enhancing target population well-being, as well as investigate improvements made compared to findings of the Interim Real Time Evaluation, both in terms of coordination and operations.
The evaluation will be conducted among the villages targeted during 2020 and 2021 by partners in Ghoryan, Kohsan, Kharuk, Kushk Rabat Sangi and Pashtun Zarghun districts, in Herat province. Due to the current security situation, the consultant could take into consideration remote phone data collection especially in Ghoryan and Pashtun Zarghun districts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a detailed Desk Review of project documents (baseline, project proposal, amendments, mid-term evaluation, case studies, financial reports, policy documents, and all others that are deemed necessary for the Final Evaluation Report).
- Review the available data and provide a content for the final evaluation report.
- Develop the tools/discussion guide where it is needed for further data collection.
- Conduct data verification through triangulation of various reports including, baseline, end-line, progress report and the other studies.
- Train data collectors who will facilitate the FGDs and KIIs with client team to understand the efficiency, relevancy, and sustainability of the project.
- Conduct Kabul level FGDs and KIIs with CLIENT and partner organizations.
- Analyze the collected quantitative data according to evaluation key questions. Back the qualitative findings where applicable with quantitative analyses covering numerical analyses, tables, and graphs.
- Prepare and present the first draft of end of project evaluation report for review by CLIENT to check the factual basis of the review, and to discuss the draft findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Incorporate comments and submit final report on agreed date.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of information (notes and specific responses to interview questions with details and its translation into English) gathered through questionnaires.
- Provide daily reports on the number of interviews and FGDs conducted as per the given daily targets, as well as challenges being faced during the data collection process.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with CLIENT project field staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, public administration, international development, policy studies, business administration or any relevant field;
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in conducting evaluation studies;
- Proven experience in the field of reviewing humanitarian projects, especially in the sector of WASH, shelter, protection and food security emergency assistance;
- Proven experience in conducting consultations among children and on sensitive protection topics;
- Demonstrated very good oral and written communication skills;
- Proven language skills: fluent in English and Dari (orally and written)..
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong background in field research (with community members) related to women’s rights and economic empowerment.
- Good knowledge of working on safe and ethical data collection.
- Access to recording device to record the interviews/focus groups with participants.
- Access to computer for recording notes.
- Working experience conducting research in Herat
- Good writing skills (in English), analytical capacity, and attention to detail.
- Dari and/or Pashto high priority and a good understanding of English.
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter (three recent references) that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: [email protected]; [email protected] In the e-mail subject line please write “Data Collector/Enumerator “
The deadline for application is 17th of June 2021. Interview of suitable candidates may begin once applications are received.