Activation Date: 26 May, 2021 Announced Date: 26 May, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Jun, 2021
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
Job Title: Finance Business Analyst
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: One
Report To: HRMIS Directorate
Duration of Contract: 3 months
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The core function of this position is to gather, analyze, and develop the business flow for the civil servant payroll process to be able to automate payroll with full consideration of relevant government laws and regulations. This also includes the verification and checking of the developed payroll system before the rollout process.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Review the high-level local governance law and regulation on payroll mechanism and process
- Document the current payroll processing business cultures and flows across the civil servant organizations
- Analyze the process against the governing law and regulations
- Highlight the payroll business cultures and flows that violate the governing law and regulations
- Develop responsive payroll business flow that could be used for system design with full consideration of minimizing human interaction
- Check and review the automated payroll system from the perspective of business flows and responsiveness to the civil servant organizations
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive presenation included to the information related to current government payroll policy, rules, flow chart, gaps, best practices, and recommendations for payroll module developers and HRMIS leadership.
- Advocate the integration of payroll system with other financial systems from a financial business perspective
- Facilitate/coordinate the rollout of automated payroll system across the civil servant organizations
- Making sure that payroll module is workable upon rollout in the LMAs.
- Collect the feedback/recommendations of CSOs to inform the HRMIS to further improve the payroll module.
No Deliverables Means of verification
Develop Payroll Rollout Plan
An approved rollout plan should be presented
Critically analyze current governing laws and regulations and business processes of the civil servant payroll in the Government of Afghanistan
Analysis report should be presented
Design automated civil servant payroll mechanism
An E-Payroll mechanism should be presented
HRMIS Payroll business analysis
Present HRMIS payroll business analysis report
Pilot the HRMIS Payroll in at least one organization
HRMIS Payroll should be piloted in one civil servant organization
Qualification, certification, knowledge, and required Experience
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting or a related field with 7 years of relevant experience of which at least 3 years is in the payroll management in the Government, and or Master’s in Finance, Accounting and or any other related field with 5 years of experience of which at least 2 years is in payroll management in the Government
- Candidates with CPA or ACCA will be given preference
- Understanding the Government of Afghanistan’s PFM system is a must.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email address and clearly write the job title (Finance Business Analyst) in the subject line of your application: