Activation Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 14 Jun, 2021
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialize in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people’s rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies. Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council. Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
NRC Afghanistan established operations in 2003, and currently maintains five area offices in Balkh, Hirat, Kabul, Kandahar, and Nangarhar, as well as field offices in hard-to-reach, displacement-affected provinces: Badghis, Faryab, Khost, Kunar, Kunduz, Nimroz, Sar-e Pul, and Uruzgan. NRC employs over 1,400 staff in Afghanistan, and works through direct implementation of programmes, to provide both emergency response and durable solutions for internally displaced Afghans, as well as returning Afghan refugees, and Waziristan refugees in southeastern Afghanistan.
The purpose of finance coordinator position:
is to ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place in the area level and that NRC’s financial practices and standards are adhered to, and are in accordance with quality and policy requirements from NRC, donors, auditors and local authorities. Finance Coordinator is responsible to provide day to day leadership on implementation of all Finance functions in NRC South. S/he will take an active role in supporting field based finance staff comply with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Assist budget holder in preparation of budgets.
- Liaise with HR and Finance in the field offices to prepare staff salary allocation
- Facilitate monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports with budget holder.
- Verification of financial transactions per projects.
- Liaise with HR, finance and area managers in the field offices to prepare monthly staff salary and other operation cost allocation.
- Provide information to Project Managers and area manager during proposal budget preparation to ensure staff positions and other support cost are fully funded
- Traveling to the NRC South field offices in order to assist NRC finance staff on the financial issues.
- Check and verify NRC South staff payrolls before payments are made
- Assist Area Managers in preparation of field support costs and ensure that these costs are correctly charged
- Shall arrange hawala agent/money exchanger for transferring money to NRC South offices, and beneficiary payments.
- Establish control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement.
- Ensure that South region is responded accurately to all tax compliances issues.
- Be responsible for correction of errors in report as and when necessary.
- Reviewing cash forecast of South area offices for further process.
- Be proactive in communication with budget holder and ensure that new changes in the financial reporting tools are taken on board.
- Assist PM, Coordinators for creating budgets and revision of budgets as and when needed.
- Be responsible for budget tracking and controlling pertaining to all projects.
- Assist Finance team on preparation of financial donor’s reports.
- Assist finance team to maintain Master budget updated.
- promote exchange of information and cooperation with relevant department in main office as well as with Project managers and coordinators
- Support the team when needed.
- Function specific responsibilities, please adapt and select the relevant:
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures (Finance)
- Support project staff in financial matters (Finance)
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area (Finance)
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure that budgeting, financial reporting and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatil contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal and local languages
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of progressive leadership experience in Finance positions in INGO.
- Specialized training in Finance is an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Afghanistan
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
Handling insecure environment
Planning and delivering results
Empowering and building trust
Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer:
Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
Top up Credit card on monthly basis
Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
For applying and more information, please click on below link.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Webcruiter site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough