Activation Date: 27 May, 2021 Announced Date: 27 May, 2021 Expire Date: 02 Jun, 2021
About Afghan Development Association ADA :
Afghan Development Association (ADA) is a Non-Government, Non-Profit, and Non-Political Organization. It promotes and provides development and humanitarian-related services to the people of Afghanistan. Since its inception in 1990, ADA has provided assistance in a myriad of sectors to the most poverty-stricken communities across Afghanistan. Too often; services fail to reach poor people, in access, quantity, and quality. Realizing this, ADA’s primary goal is to improve service provision by making it a people-center. ADA is highly sensitive to communal and individual differences; and ADA strives to pay the utmost respect to the communities it aims to serve. ADA has been setting the building blocks and formulating and implementing development projects that tackle deep-rooted Socio-economic, institutional, and other structural causes that underlie immediate symptoms of conflict at the local levels. Transparency, accountability, and efficiency are the driving factors when delivering services and goods to the people of Afghanistan.
ADA believes that women, youth, the disabled, the marginalized, and disadvantaged people are the key factors when building and furthering the development of communities across Afghanistan. Hence, ADA has developed several programs that are people-centered, participatory and involve broad participation of key stakeholders including women, youth, and the disabled
General Description of Task:
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the finance officer will responsible for financial activities in the finance department. He/she will make sure that all issues related to Quickbooks, fund, and grants are dealt in a systematic, professional, and confident ways as required by financial rule and regulations
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain QuickBooks company data. Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks application and accounting.
- Export weekly and monthly backups of the QuickBooks company data.
- Be responsible for accounting functions such as AP/AR, Grants, reconciliations, general journals, etc.
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions and financial reports with Quickbooks Company.
- List of monthly exchange rates for 12 months used during the year.
- Bookkeeping and ensure that expense descriptions are properly entered.
- Reconciliation of general ledger with payroll.
- Recording and reporting monthly expenditure of all projects against the approved budgets.
- Create and maintain files for BRV, BPV, CPV, CRV, and other vouchers as exchange gain or loss and admin fee.
- Keep a record of field reports and make sure to reconcile them with monthly closing and opening balances.
- Reconcile bank balances with Quickbooks and manage the differences.
- Create and maintain budget vs. variance reports of all projects.
- Keep a record of salaries charged in different projects.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
Change of job description:
This job description may be changed by the immediate superior. Before a change in the job description will be put into force, the holder of the position is to be consulted on the change (-s), and possible comments to be presented to the ADA Managing Director before final approval of the revised job description.
At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance). Master’s degree holders will be preferred.
At least five years of relevant working experience
Individuals who are meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a resume and mentioning the vacancy number on the subject of the email, no later than 04 May 2021