Activation Date: 27 May, 2021 Announced Date: 27 May, 2021 Expire Date: 03 Jun, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
Specific responsibilities include
- Work with the Fleet Assistant coordinate the efficient day to day Fleet Management activities including the working mechanism of Mechanic
- Ensures IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures are respected across the mission, with particular attention to safety and security issues both in official and rental vehicles.
- To be accountable for the fleet and generators spare parts and consumable ordering and inventory management including fuel distribution and recording.
- Support the Fleet Manager for daily monitoring of drivers and mechanics performance.
- Regular update of Fleet and Generator stock inventory for incoming and outgoing including for the proper communication and ordering of genuine spare parts and lubricants for field generators and vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles regular technical checks that are conducted by the Fleet Manager are properly recorded and filed in each vehicle files.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis by the drivers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and share with fleet manager before submitting to SC Coordinator
- Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Ensuring all vehicles have proper logbooks updated and drivers know how to track and maintain logbook including the rentals
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Work with Fleet Assistant to Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Fleet Manager, including fuel consumption report, maintenance report and any other reports requested by Supervisor including from the field sites
- Well maintained fleet and good filing system for all vehicles
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for spare parts
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records for warehouses, assets and furniture
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Transport staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Mechanical Faculty
- Familiarity with northeastern province route.
- Competent in spoken and written English and Dari and Pashto
- Mechanical background is a plus
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computer Ms. Office specially Excel
- Experience in Using UHF/VHF radios
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
Note: Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us on ([email protected]).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10