Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 06 Jun, 2021
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent
WVA has been one of the main education partners with Afghan Ministry of Education (MoE) since 2002. WVA education programming provides humanitarian, recovery and development projects to vulnerable out of school children (OOSC) who are affected by conflict/natural disaster, got internally displaced or are returnees from neighbor countries in remote and hard to reach areas. Education in Emergencies (EiE), Community Based Education (CBE), Youths’ Education, Teacher Training for community based and public schools teachers, School Improvement Plan (SIP) and School Construction are the main components WVA Education Programme.
- The Food Security and FSLs Liaison and Technical officer will be based in Herat to act as the link between World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) and regional working groups, FSAC , stakeholders ( ANDMA , DoLSA, DoRR , DAIL ) and peer agencies in Herat , Badghis, Faryab and Ghor in order to increase WVA’s profile in the Western Region of Afghanistan. Under supervision of the FSL Sector Lead, provide technical oversight and coordination in order to support Project Managers and field based FSL technical teams with the implementation of FSL related grants. He/She is expected to ensure adherence with WVA’s policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines in order to improve the quality of the activities and implement Livelihoods and Food Security portfolio according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plan of action
Note: ( Subject To Donors Approval )
Technical Support and Guidance
- Support capacity building of FSL project staff and as well project beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all technical work carried out as part of WVA’s FSL Sectors meet the required standards and follows approved procedures of WVA (activities are adhering to humanitarian standards, protection principles and COVID -19 SoPs) as well the Food Security and Agriculture Cluster
- Support in the development of FSL related training materials and specific project monitoring tools
- Contribute in the identification of new projects and new areas of intervention in line with labour market needs in Afghanistan.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Take part in community-based mobilization and sensitization meetings and introduce the FSL component of the project to target communities.
- Prepare and develop periodic progress and status reports as required by management
- Support the procurement team in the inspection and validation of FSL goods and items that are purchased for distribution to beneficiaries
- Regularly check and ensure proper filing of documents for FSL projects
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement especially with regards to targeting and inclusion of most vulnerable beneficiaries
- Support the project managers in the development of project procurement plan and project detailed implementation plan.
- Support the MEAL team in the carrying out of FSL related assessments.
- Support implementation of project baseline, mid-term, and final evaluation.
- Establish positive working relationships with local communities, provincial/district government officials such as line departments, UNHCR, UNOCHA and peer agency representatives.
- Reporting planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide monthly updates to the humanitarian response Report Hub
- Monitor and direct the project activities to meet the project objectives in terms of quality of work and within the agreed timelines.
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to regularly track and report on progress towards set project targets.
- In collaboration with M&E Coordinator ensure the monitoring system and tools are developed and used to track the progress of project implementation and to capture learning.
- Liaison and Networking
- Attend regional cluster meetings an provide updates of WV work and achievements
- Attend Project inception phase meetings of the project to specify FSL related activities and scope of work
- In coordination with the Zonal Manager and respective project managers establish and maintain liaison with relevant government departments.
- Represent World Vision in local coordination forums and liaise with government officials and donors, UN-bodies and other partners wherever appropriate and required.
- Where required effectively represent WV operations and mission when accompanying visitors, e.g. donor and/or Government representatives, journalists and other delegations to project sites
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan
Required Professional Experience
- Experience in implementing and managing Food Security and /or Livelihoods projects in Afghanistan particularly Western Afghanistan
- Ability to draft good quality short reports in English
- Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and excellent team worker
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Demonstrate openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, equal’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development and humanitarian work
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources Management or any other related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the food security and /or livelihoods sector
- Demonstrated proven experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation working in international or local NGOs in the field of Food Security and/or Livelihoods
- Ms. Office Applications
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in working with small scale farmers and conducting farmer trainings
- Experience in working closely with local partner organizations and stakeholders throughout a program cycle
- Knowledge on Climate change and impacts on livelihoods/Agriculture sector
- Experience in private sector engagement and market linkages
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required: Badghis , Ghor , Herat and Frayab (Sometimes required to travel to Kabul)
The application closing date is 24-May-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1113) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1113) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید