Activation Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 08 Apr, 2021
The Liaison Office (TLO) founded in 2003 as an Afghan non-governmental organization (NGO) that emerged from a Swisspeace pilot project (supported by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung) on good governance in connection to peace and reconstruction or reconciliation process. TLO has since evolved into as an independent Afghan NGO registered under number 611 with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. TLO was founded with the aim of improving local governance, stability, and security through systematic and institutionalized engagement with customary structures, local communities, civil society groups, and government institutions. TLO is based in Kabul, with regional offices in Paktia, Khost, Kandahar, Herat, Mazar, and Nangarhar and additional field offices across Afghanistan. TLO works to achieve its objectives through key program activities: research and analysis, dialogue facilitation for peacebuilding, access to justice and governance, humanitarian assistance, third party monitoring and evaluation, and environment & natural resources management. The guidelines for these activities are strictly based on the “do-no-harm” approach and Conflict Sensitive Programm Management (CSPM), which are participatory and community-led.
The liaison office(TLO) has plan to develop the capacity of MSD team, Milk Processing Centers’ Owners or Managers(MPCs), Milk Collection Nodes Owners or Managers (MCNs) and Milk producers. It is necessary to work closely with farmers and develop the business plan for silage and dairy market to assure the sustainability of the market system among milk produces, silage entrepreneurs and marketing players.
- Purpose of hiring food technologist: Strengthening market linkage among milk producers, milk collection nodes’ owners, silage entrepreneurs, farmers and other market players.
- Key Tasks to be Performed and Deliverables:
- The food technologist (trainer) will develop the training materials, business plan for silage and dairy component in close coordination with the SLSD project manager, MSD specialist and its team. The main tasks are below:
- Ensure appropriate and timely implementation of activities related to dairy production, collection, processing and silage preparation in the project area.
- Assist the MSD specialist and MSD team in selection of appropriate locations for construction of milk collection centers (MCCs) and sub-centers, selection of milk operators and sub-operators.
- Advise livestock owners on disease control and animal husbandry methods.
- Prepare seasonal calendar of dairy activities for districts where the project works and train farmers on its usage or train TLO MSD staff, Milk producers, processor or other players.
- Provide technical enterprise development support to the dairy processing entrepreneur in targeted Province.
- Provide technical assistance in developing an appropriate marketing strategy for the milk processors.
- Provide technical assistance to the processor on product diversification and maximizing the income from the use of existing machineries.
- Work with the milk processor for sourcing of required quantity and quality of milk supplied from MCCs.
- Ensure the milk supplied to the processing company gets tested in the MCCs and properly recorded.
- Provide training to project Extension Agents on cattle management and animal husbandry.
- Ensure that project beneficiaries are trained on proper cattle management and animal husbandry practices.
- Provide support to improve the marketing, business management and technical skills of the selected processor.
- Work with relevant stakeholders on milk processing at household level as a means of ensuring maximum value addition in this value chain.
- Prepare a comprehensive report of 23 days.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager or Project Director.
- Tentative Deliverables:
- REQUIRED DELIVERY Duration
- Food quality controls training and strategy
- 2 Day
- Conducting training regarding marketing strategy for the milk processors and producers
- 3 Days
- Provide support to improve the marketing, business management and technical skills of the selected processors.
- 3 Days
- Milk Hygiene Issues training with along milk processing
- 5 days
- Silage & business plan development for entrepreneur and producers
- 8 days
- Preparing comprehensive report of 23 days
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Food Technology, or related Agriculture fields and Master degree will be preferred.
- Having experience in MSD operational guidelines
- Expertise in dairy production/ process and agri-economics relevant to the whole country
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have good skill in food quality control protocol development.
- Proven and demonstrated experience in the area of Dairy sector
- Good experience on market linkage of farmers’ group with markets
- Proven experiences in market intelligence
- Experience working in Milk producer groups strengthening
- Excellent English and Pashto speaking and writing skill required.
While sending your CV & Cover letter in one file, please mention the vacancy number, and position name in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration by TLO.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
TLO is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.