Activation Date: 29 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 28 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Apr, 2021
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all. HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program, BPHS/EPHS, C-IMCI , CME, CHNE, public private partnership, nutrition and Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
Family Protection Center in charge works under direct supervision of GBV Project Manager. She should have college degree, preferably university degree holder in Medicine, should be capable of excellent English, Dari and Pashto language, computer applicable packages and must have good communication skills. Experience in gender based violence and teaching skills are advantage. The Family Protection incharge works very closely with GBV Project Manager and GBV Coordinator.Family Protection Center in charge works under direct supervision of GBV Project Manager. She should have college degree, preferably university degree holder in Medicine, should be capable of excellent English, Dari and Pashto language, computer applicable packages and must have good communication skills. Experience in gender based violence and teaching skills are advantage. The Family Protection incharge works very closely with GBV Project Manager and GBV Coordinator.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishment and running of Family Protection Center (FPC) in Regional/ Provincial Hospital and ensures FPC objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for overall management of FPC
- To insure providing a comprehensive assistance to Gender Based Violence (GBV) victims.
- Represents HNTPO and the GBV project/ FPC by holding meetings with PHD, Provincial hospitals authorities, BPHS/EPHS implementers, GBV projects implementer NGOs, AHIRC, Police, prosecutors and judges and sharing information and providing feedback when requested.
- Responsible for all reports for quality and for on-time submission to GBV Deputy Project Manager.
- To participate in GBV related training workshop as trainer.
- Report on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to immediate supervisor.
- Attend all relevant meetings/workshops requested by supervisor.
- To supervise and manage the coordination with focal points in the assigned healthcare facilities
- Responsible for day to day management and supervision of the Family Protection centre.
- To facilitate GBV victims’ visits with the psychiatrist, medical doctor, gynecologist and others physician as necessary
- To conduct a regular follow up of the cases entering FPC
- To conduct regular M& E visits to the focal points in the assigned healthcare facilities
- To supervise and manage the work of Data Entry Officer/ legal counselor and psychosocial counselor in FPC
- Try her/his best to protect GBV victims from further harm.
- To assist GBV victims in designing a Safety Plan for life threatening situations
- To follow procedures ensuring the confidentiality of GBV victim at every step
- To follow ethical guidelines of GBV response established in FPC
- To minimize the efforts and investment of resources required from GBV victim for seeking health care and legal services.
- Set up and maintain the necessary procedures to diminish the security risks for all service providers visiting and/or working at FPC
- To provide on the job training to Focal Persons in other healthcare facilities.
- To insure registering of different types of violence – physical, psychological, sexual in the Data collection data base.
- To manage the timely provision of services to GBV victims who come to FPC- psychosocial counseling service, basic legal assistance, basic evidence collection, referral to other institutions depending on victims’ choice and case management.
Tasks of Relations with External Agencies and other organizations:
- To closely coordinate with legal department, PHD, DoWA and GBV stake holders in the province.
- To coordinate with FPC located Hospital Director and heads of various wards for proper medical management of GBV victims.
- To work closely with the health facilities management staff for implementation of standard treatment and referral protocol for GBV victims.
Miscellaneous Tasks/NON-Routine Tasks:
- Perform any other project related duty assigned by Deputy Project Manager.
- Assist the GBV Coordinator and other management staff in tasks as required
Must be MD doctor or other relevant medical degree
At least 3 years’ experience in management especially with INGO
At least 2 years’ experience in the field of Gender-Based violence prevention and response projects.
To be female as it is the requirement of the Project
Having computer skills
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;
Country office Address,
HNO: 003, Main St: 005, Sello Road, DehNaw _Dehbori, District 03
Contact#: + (93)0202510840