Activation Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 14 Jun, 2021
About AOAD Accessibility Organization for Afghan Disabled :
Accessibility Organization for Afghan Disabled (AOAD)’s a non-governmental, non-profits and non-political organization established by Person with Disability and working for mainstreaming of Persons with Disabilities according to gender equality addressing women/girls with disabilities and vulnerable people as peer-supporter Organization founded in 2007 in Kabul, Afghanistan.
AOAD’s registered with the Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with the registration number of (956). AOAD also registered with the Ministry of Women Affairs of Afghanistan for gender mainstreaming especially mainstreaming the women/girls with disabilities in development, humanitarian and political agenda trough advocacy, lobbies, as equal citizens in Afghanistan. AOAD ‘s leadership is an active stakeholder taking participation in the Humanitarians Country Team (HCT/UNOCHA, farmer Steering Committee member of ACBAR and member of the Afghan CSO’s Network.
Provide guidance and advice to the management team on technical issues of Gender and Disability inclusion in the organization and its projects.
Lead gender and Disability -related researches and studies.
- Network and maintain dialogue with relevant stakeholders e.g., government institutions, national and international development organizations to ensure collaboration, synergy, and sharing of experiences on gender and Disability issues.
- Lead assessment and vocational training and for gender-and Disability inclusion issues.
- Develop a plan to create awareness among staff and partner communities on how to empower persons with Disabilities wit gender and disabilities equality for sustainable self/help promotion.
- Identifying training needs and organize pieces of vocational training from the ongoing AOAD currently projects of the Vocational training and gender and Disability awareness for inclusion of Persons with Disability with gender equality.
- Lead training workshops for relevant stakeholders, staff, and key actors on Gender and Disability program-related topics.
- Establish gender- Disabilities committees at the center and field level.
- Conduct meetings/need assessment with authorities, community, elders, and men/ women-headed families on Gender and Disability issues to improve community participation and collect related information to then incorporate for submission of projects concept and proposals according to the needs and markets demands.
- Collect and compile activity reports and recommendations of the field activities related to gender and Disability related.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on gender and disability inclusion by ensuring the collection of relevant baseline information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to gender and Disability.
- Track progress and provide data on gender and Disability issues
- Perform any other required project/program-related tasks in Kabul and the relevant districts.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in Gender and Disability are preferred.
- Work Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience working on gender/Disability advocacy and women with disability empowerment issues is a must.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Trained in gender and Disability issues studies.
- Ability to build the capacity of staff and partners to deliver gender-related work.
- Ability to excellent communicates in written and oral English, Pashtu, and Dari languages, including the ability to produce reports and training materials in gender Inclusion.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Note: Women/girls with Disabilities are highly encouraging to apply:
Qualified Afghan Female applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application/ cover letter in one document, including a Vacancy #, contact number, Email address.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given Consideration. Only those candidates will be called for interview who meets the qualification and requirement for the mentioned position.
Please submit your applications by email to [email protected]