Activation Date: 30 May, 2021 Announced Date: 30 May, 2021 Expire Date: 08 Jun, 2021
About The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC):
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. Its exclusive humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavours to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
- Contributes in a delegation or sub-structure to implementing (or implements) and following up various field activities, in accordance with objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment as relevant to the ICRC. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation.
- Contributes to designing projects.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information about the projects and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates in internal and external meetings and develops and maintains contacts with municipal/regional authorities, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent Society branches and the population.
- Participates in, and may carry out independently, administrative follow-up of field missions.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- High school diploma or university degree.
- Fluent level of English as well as Pashto and Dari
- Computer literacy.
- 2–3 years’ experience, for instance as a project or programme officer in similar fields or in other national/international organizations or in the private sector.
- 1–2 years’ programme/project experience with the ICRC or other humanitarian agency.
Interested qualified afghan national candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to [email protected] before the mentioned deadline.
Clearly indicate vacancy number (GFO2062021-AFC) in the email subject line, CVs not mentioning the vacancy number in subject line, may not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.