Activation Date: 05 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 05 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 15 Apr, 2021
About The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC):
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. Its exclusive humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavours to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
- Contributes to the implementation of protection activities under the direct supervision of Protection Delegate
- Contributes to the collection, documentation and analysis of PCP related information through confidential interviews, media monitoring, data entries and reports writing
- Assists the delegate in identifying, analyzing and addressing PROT issues
- Supports activities of other departments in the sub-delegation
- Contribute to the understanding of the protection department of the particular impact of ongoing conflict on women
- Under the direct supervision of the protection delegate, the Protection Field Officer participates in the implementation of the protection activities at the level of the Office.
- When necessary, carries out solid interpretation from Pashto into English and vice-versa of confidential protection related interviews;
- Proactively collects information on protection concerns, events, cases and trends affecting civilians in the area of responsibility;
- Keeps the protection delegate up to date regarding the humanitarian and security situation in the area of responsibility, with a particular focus on women and children;
- Contributes to mapping of local stakeholders on the issues of women and children in armed conflict.
- conduct PCP interviews with war wounded victims;
- Facilitates communication between potential beneficiaries and ICRC relevant departments.
- In an independent manner enters and manages information with confidentiality and accuracy.
Activities related to Health Care in Danger (HCiD) program:
- Contributes to the monitoring of HCiD related information, particularly focusing on the access of medical care for women and children.
- Assists and supports the Protection Delegate (HCiD Focal Point for the Sub delegation) in organizing and implementing HCiD related events (ARCS, MoPH, etc.).
- Contributes to the planning, organization and implementation of dissemination;
- Assists the protection delegate by providing interpretation and drafting reports of the sessions;
- Participates in external meetings as required.
Internal reporting and Analysis
- Prepares relevant reports following PCP discussions and interviews with war victims/other sources of information;
- Contributes to periodic or ad hoc analysis on security, political, socio-economic, cultural and humanitarian environment in the AoR.
OTHER OFFICE ACTIVITIES
- Participates in internal meetings to discuss relevant Protection issues;
- Draft of minutes of meetings as requested.
- High school degree or equivalent
- 2 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Good command of written and spoken English and Pashto (Dari would be an advantage)
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned area of responsibility
- Good analytical skills
- Capacity to treat information confidentially
- Able to cope with stress, mainly deriving from war-victims testimonies
- Very good interpersonal skills
ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Interested qualified afghan national Male/female candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 15 Apr 2021.
Clearly indicate position title (Generalist Field Officer) in the email subject line, CVs not mentioning the position in subject line, will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.