Activation Date: 27 May, 2021 Announced Date: 27 May, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority :
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development.
Geophysical investigation is a key important subject in the field of Groundwater Resources Management, it can be done by using the contemporary technology in the field. Exploration of groundwater reservoirs, geological formation of ground and identification of saline and fresh water of the aquifers by providing accurate data and information at the lowest cost in the short period of time. The output assessment reports are crucial for planning of large scheme water facilities.
The Groundwater Resources Directorate of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been recently assigned to undertake widely studies, advanced data analysis, Hydrogeology Research Technology (Geophysical Survey, Interpretation of Geophysical Data, Identification of the Aquifers’ Characteristics and Geophysical Modeling). To meet its institutional mandate, Geophysics Department of the Groundwater Resources Directorate has carried out internal assessment and identified capacity gaps in specialization of geophysical investigation and data interpretation.
The Groundwater Resources Directorate would like to seek its partners support in recruitment of Geophysics Specialist to plant the investigations, interpret the data and turn it into information which can offer ways to improve knowledge on geophysical statistics and events, thus effecting the decision and making groundwater policy accordingly.
Following are the proposed terms of reference under the job title of Geophysics Specialist:
- Planning scientific studies to conduct the investigation, visiting field locations and data management.
- Assist the department staff in methodology of the data collection, groundwater investigation, hydrogeological mapping and formulating groundwater development strategy.
- Leading the groundwater resources team in order to improve geophysical survey and geophysical survey data collection of groundwater resources.
- Analyzing geophysical properties of samples in the laboratory.
- Design and adjust operational plans to collect accurate geophysical data from groundwater resources.
- Measuring and analyzing geophysical properties in relation to geological formation.
- Improve existing geophysical techniques in data acquisition and mathematical processing, as well as seek to develop new techniques and methods.
- Inspecting and correcting all publications of the Hydrogeological Unit and ensuring their accuracy and submitting them to the archives and information center of the department.
- Analyzing and modeling of geophysical data using GIS and relevant available software.
- Identifying the new technologies related to lab and water resource management.
- Provide a unique geophysical procedure/guideline for the research mechanism and data process.
- Publishing the Reports and presenting the output information to the team, clients, department and partners.
- Coordinate with relevant departments and subdivisions of the geophysics department to achieve the goals.
- Conduct capacity building trainings for the geophysics department.
- Consult to the directorate regarding the geophysical research issues and groundwater resources management.
- Check, review and feedback to the groundwater studies, reports and other documents.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and conferences while needed.
- Any other required technical tasks by the directorate.
- At least Bachelor degree in Geology, Geoscience, Geophysics, and Groundwater Resource Engineering.
- The Geophysics specialist should have experience of 5 years relevant to the field.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD, GIS and Civil 3D software and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of developing training materials, conduct trainings related to geophysical modeling to other staff of the NWARA and give assistive technical presentation and seminars.
- Fluency in Persian, Pashto and English (Writing, Reading and Speaking).
- Having ability for enhancing capacity of other relevant staff.
- Excellent writing, communication and Management skills.
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is not acceptable only fill the Application letter, Otherwise Cv will be ignored without any consideration.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #2 /Application Number #14
The candidates who send their Application Form without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320