Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT):
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Overall coordination, oversight and day-to-day management of project grants and procurement. S/he serves as the local contact for regular communication with implementing grantees.
Key Performance Areas
Major Activities / Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain grants management system for award and distribution of program grants:
- Design and write Request for Applications, Request for proposal and Request for Quotations and identify channels for dissemination;
- Develop evaluation criteria for grant award process
- Coordinate review and evaluation of proposals
- Conduct pre award surveys and assessments of all grant applicants.
- Document the process by which local partners and public institutions are selected for awards and notify applicants and other stakeholders of awards granted.
- Monitor and evaluate grantee performance: review, evaluate, and provide feedback on grantees monthly financial and technical reports
- Collaborate with USAID, MOPH, and NGOs to ensure program activities are implemented in accordance with USAID procedures and regulations.
- Acts as point of contact for the project subrecipients/grantees for day-to-day grant administration.
- Receives reports and tracks deliverables of grantees; regularly sends reporting and indicator support data to the donor.
- Manage all types of all Grants award and Contracts as per company rules and regulation and add into company Database
- Conduct educational, community-based skills training programs and capacity building activities on proposal preparation, financial monitoring, strategic planning and other topics for grant recipients.
- Adapt and implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring and closing grants according to USAID regulations.
- Ensure that all activities conducted by grantees are in accordance with USAID and MSH guidelines; ensure that grantees comply with all USAID reporting requirements; conduct regular site visits, draft summary findings and memos.
- Assist local partners with monitoring progress, tracking expenses and preparing financial reports.
- Drafting grant agreements for approval by USAID ,the Chief of Party, and the Operations Director.
- Document lessons learned and best practices from the grants program for use within the project and possible wider dissemination.
- In coordination with finance team, helps to facilitate payments for subrecipients in accordance with the USAID guidelines
- Coordinated and worked with Programs Team and other departments for ensuring technical, legal, financial, and administrative compliance in grants management process
- Assist local partners to convey grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to their local affiliates as necessary.
- Works closely with the technical and management staff of the project to share information about grantees and ensure efforts and communication to grantees occur in coordination.
- Innovation /Grants/Procurement Manager (IGPM) is a member of the MSH Operations team responsible for the management of the entire MSH Procurement team, and for executing day-to-day procurement activities of the project as per the established MSH procurement policies and procedures.
- Leads and manages all aspects of project related procurements, including purchasing of goods and services for the direct project use and beneficiaries.
- Develop systems to assist with management of the procurement of goods and services, commodities, material and suppliers for Kabul and the provincial offices.
- Develop procurement tracker for all ongoing and new procurements in order to better manage the handling of requests and transparency of ongoing purchases.
- Develop system for blanket purchase orders for vendors for repetitive purchases such as office supplies, water, computer supplies, etc,
- Job aids and checklists for procurement staff
- Standard orientation for all new staff about how procurement office operates and their role in any purchase
- Ensure that all procurements follow relevant USAID’ rules and regulations and MSH policies and procedures.
- Serve as the external point of contact for all procurement related inquiries.
- Build capacity of current procurement team in all project offices.
- Supervise directly procurement staff, provide technical supervision to all provincial staff conducting procurement.
- Collaborate with technical teams to draft commodity specification and service scope of work. Draft the requests for quotations and solicitations for bids and defined the type of contract for the requirement of the program implementation to award according to Scope of work such as fixed price or cost reimbursement contracts.
- Develops and implements standard specifications and processes for purchasing of goods and contracting of services to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the procurement process.
- Provide leadership for the vendor selection process.
- Oversee the preparation and issue of purchase orders
- Track vendor invoices and assuring the documentation is complete prior to submission to finance and build capacity of team in this area.
- Develops quarterly Procurement Plans and issues Blanket Purchase Agreements for all recurrent purchases, and establishes a proper management system to track all long-term BPAs.
- Manages the entire process of all contracts issued for commercial goods/services for the project starting from the acceptance of PRs up until the processing of final payments and close out of the Purchase Order.
- Ensures that purchase orders and contracts are subject to appropriate reviews and approvals and ensures such documents contain the accurate information, terms and conditions and signatures to comply with MSH and USAID regulations.
- Works with Finance Department to reconcile payments and provide monthly procurement projections.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be needed or assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business studies, public health, or other related discipline, Master’s degree is preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in fund management, financial/operational systems, grants, procurement and program management preferred with international development organizations with global reach, not for profit organizations or other large non-governmental development partners.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Substantial experience implementing USAID-supported projects, including experience managing grants according to USAID regulations and procedures. Experience working with partners such as Ministries of Health. Experience working with and providing technical assistance to NGOs and/or local organizations. It is preferred that the candidate has experience conducting trainings and other capacity building work both one-on-one and with larger audiences. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Working independently within expressed parameters, regularly scheduled tasks and adherence to strict deadlines is essential. Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with, managing, establishing and maintaining collaboration with NGO partner networks. Personal and professional integrity, particularly with regard to good financial stewardship and accountability. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in local languages and English. Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for two weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.