Activation Date: 24 May, 2021 Announced Date: 24 May, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Jun, 2021
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT):
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
The role of the Grants/Procurement Officer is to procure goods and services in compliance with MSH/Donor procurements policies and procedures. S/he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations. Once the purchase order has been completed, the Grants/Procurement Officer will follow up to assure delivery. She/he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner and primarily responsible for administering and monitoring sub recipients to ensure full compliance with donor rules and regulations developing grant agreements conducted per-award assessment and process modification for grantees and vendor of MSH/AFIAT in conjunction with the Grants/procurement Manager. This position will report to the Grants/procurement Manager.
- Receive concepts application and prepare soft and hard copy files for grants.
- Conduct pre-award assessment as per the MSH developed tools and rate the organization according to its capacity and prepared soft and hard copy files and upload in share drive.
- Update grants and vetting and award tracker on timely basis.
- Prepare the evaluation documents invite evaluation committee members for meeting.
- Prepare meeting minutes of the technical evaluation committee and circulate in timely manner to committee members for their review and approval.
- Inform applicants on time about their concepts and application status.
- Prepare proper vetting documents for selected applicants
- Draft grants agreement, Neg. memo and do modification for MSH/AFIAT grantees and share with Grants and procurement Manager for review and further process.
- Review the grantees payment package and submit to Finance department for payment process.
- Review grantee progress and financial reports and provide feedback in timely manner.
- Provide progress report to program team in timely manner and get their feedback to grantee as per schedule
- Review financial supporting documents and invoices from grantee and provide accurate documents for process of payment to finance
- Prepare projections for grants payment and share with finance for fund availability.
- Conduct due diligence of financial supporting document and share any concern with her/his supervisor and Compliance Officer
- Prepare grants agreement Memorandum of Negotiation and modification for grantee and subcontract in timely manner.
- Prepare grants payment tracker and update on regular basis.
- Follow up with grantee for their financial and progress reports
- Provide capacity building support to grantees’ staff
- Attend the site visit for Grantees with coordination of technical and M&E team for Monitoring.
- Receive approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Track all PRs, for all purchases under MSH/AFIAT project.
- Determine price reasonableness
- Locate and identify potential vendors and suppliers both domestically and internationally.
- Conduct cost/price, quality and past performance/timeliness review of bids received.
- Work with international and national staff members and help/respond to their requests.
- Update vendor list, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Ensure that all procurement files are accurately maintained with both physical copies and scan versions.
- Review Requests for Procurement from MSH/AFIAT staff; ensure requests are properly logged in the quick book system, coordinate purchasing either locally or internationally with the consideration of MSH/USAID procurement policy.
- Track the process of purchasing requests from MSH/AFIAT staff to ensure timely and accurate completion; provide regular updates to requestors; recommend customized reports from QuickBooks to facilitate effective tracking.
- Prepare the procurement package and submit to Grants /Procurement Manager for review and further process.
- Update the procurement, vetting and payment tracker and share with innovation/Grants/Procurement Manager on weekly basis.
- Ensure that Procurement files are up to date include maintaining the Procurement folder on the share drive
- Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods.
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods, if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Conduct clearance verification using Excluded Parties List Violation (EPLS) for Vendors selected to deliver goods and/or commercial services
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/finance/accounts or related field with 6 years post degree experience
- 4 years of professional experience in grants administration, and/or procurement required
- Excellent working knowledge and experience administering government grants with FAR regulations is essential
- Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with strong spoken and written English skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet.
- Experience in a USG or donor funded project required
- Strong judgment and a commitment to fair and ethical procurement practices.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for two weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.