Activation Date: 20 May, 2021 Announced Date: 20 May, 2021 Expire Date: 05 Jun, 2021
About HEWAD, Reconstruction, Health & Humanitarian Assistance Committee:
HEWAD is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profitable charity organization established in 1994 to provide Medical, Educational, Social and Humanitarian Assistance to needy people of Afghanistan. HEWAD implements primary health care to needy people of Afghanistan, and within those focuses on provision of health care to the most vulnerable group, children and women. HEWAD provides perfect health education, information, and service to Afghans in order to improve their living condition.
HEWAD is seeking for a qualify person to carry out the responsibilities of Health program/HMIS officer within the organization.
The Responsibilities and duties
- Assist Health program Coordinator on a day to day work.
- Support all technical staff for improvement of skills and work progress.
- Provide expert opinion on technical and management issues as the need arises
- Carry out those tasks, which are necessary for operational and skillful interventions.
- Supervise and provide on the job training on technical issues to all health facilities staff
- Analyze the technical reports.
- Developed job descriptions and check lists and other technical documents based on the program need.
- Participate in task force working group or other meetings in MOPH, UN agency and with other stakeholders to share information and discuss the program progress.
- Ensure update HMIS software is functional and used properly at the office.
- Provide field office, health facilities and community networks with adequate number of updated relevant HMIS formats.
- Identify staff needs and perform specific training and support to health facilities staff and community network on HMIS and use of data for action Collect, compile, analyse data and provide feedback to the HFs staff about low performance and strength points
- Ensure the flow of information to provincial project office and main office
- Participate in drafting monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Submit HMIS data (replica) to MOPH/GCMU timely.
- Keep records of all HMIS documents (hard and soft copies) including backup safely.
- Providing the HMIS stationary and formats to provincial office on monthly /quarterly base.
- Monitor and supervise the progress of training, EPI, nutrition, IEC, community health development, laboratory and pharmacy.
- Follow up the rule and policy of HEWAD Organization.
- Work under direct supervision Health Program Coordinator.
- Provide support to health Program Coordinator, project manager and other management staff in administrative and technical tasks/assignments.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Afghanistan provincial capitals and rural areas.
- Any other task assigned by your close supervisor
Qualification and requirement:
· To be medical doctor., MPH is an advantage
· At least 3-5 years of working in supervising health activities.
· Experience in health management & administration.
· Knowledge and work experience in primary health care, BPHS/EPHS.
· Computer knowledge is must.
· Fluency in Dari Pashto and knowledge of English.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to travel extensively in the field
You are kindly requested to submit a complete written Application and Resume through email or in sealed envelope (marked “Confidential”) and indicate the vacancy Announcement Name and Number with Contact Address or Telephone Number to HR/Administration on the following Addresses: Kabul office: House 29, School street, Between Gulsurkh and Proja-e-Taimani Squars, behind Baba Mir Restaurant, Kolola Pushta Kabul Afghanistan. Email: [email protected] , Only those candidates will be called for interview who meets the qualification and requirements for the mentioned position. Kindly indicate VA number and Title in subject of your e –mail and please note that applications with a different subject will be ignored