Activation Date: 23 May, 2021 Announced Date: 23 May, 2021 Expire Date: 31 May, 2021
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
By adhering to gender equality and rights based approach, SCA endorses equal access, non-discrimination, participation, transparency, accountability and the framing of planning programming within realms international rights conventions. The Human Rights and Gender Unit is mandated to promote and strengthen the adaptation of those core values , advocating for change , developing and mainstreaming of gender and rights based approach throughout all programmes as well as administration. The unit thus plays the role of creation of awareness monitoring and evaluating achievements of gender equality and human rights. It collaborates closely with SCA programmes as well as administration and human resource units, and further works and advocates together with civil society networks and activists.
The overall responsibility of Human Right & Gender Senior Officer is to support SCA programs and operations in mainstreaming gender and rights based to meet the strategic objectives of SCA.
The Human Right & Gender Senior Officer’s tasks and responsibilities will be as following:
- To assist Human Rights & Gender Unit in developing of training module and materials by inputting from field.
- Develop materials, manual and tools for training of project target groups.
- To organize needs-based training for programme staff in the field
- In coordination with programmes units, identify and develop contextualized toolkits and training materials on Human Right & Gender issues.
Advocacy and Networking/ coordination
- To maintain linkages and network with HRG civil society organizations and other stakeholders in the field.
- To participate in SCA’s advocacy efforts at provincial level while strengthening SCA-supported national advocacy efforts.
- To participate in HRGU internal HRG coordination meetings at Kabul level.
Monitoring and data collection
- To initiate development of case studies and success stories from the impact/result of SCA intervention in people life.
- To monitor gender progress and gaps on regular basis within the programmes and report to HRGU
- Planning & Reporting
- To participate in developing applications, plans, survey, assessments, budget and report to HRGU.
- To prepare annual, quarterly and monthly activity plans
- To provide monthly report to HRGU on regular basis.
- To provide monthly, quarterly, and annual report to CDMU Manager.
- To maintain a proper filing system in the respective regional office.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide input and agenda on HRG issues in programmes monthly meetings.
- University degree within relevant field
- 2 years of Experience in rights-based development, training, gender, and advocacy
- Ability of initiative, innovation and accordingly pursue proactively with monitoring and supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Good command of written and spoken Dari, Pashto, and English
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office Package
- Ability to work under stress.
- Self-motivated and active team player
- SCA actively promote and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to [email protected]
- The subject line must include (HRG Senior Officer (Re-announced) – HRM/JRMO 25-21) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references are not needed to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test/interview.