Activation Date: 23 May, 2021 Announced Date: 20 May, 2021 Expire Date: 29 May, 2021
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
Under the direct supervision of the Provincial Supervisor or Project Manager, the Hygiene trainer –WASH is responsible for field WASH internal/external community public health and hygiene management, quantity verification and confirmation of the sustainability of the program, organizing public health and hygiene trainings and coordinating with training providers, local authorities, verifying the fact of measures according to the line manager guidance and well training mobilization skill to manage a successful program implemented by ACTED Afghanistan and. S/he is need to show the sustainable impact of the program in the field
- Technical design and preparation planning implementation and supervision of construction and shelters /WASH activities.
- Coordination and liaison with local authorities and field stakeholders;
- Compose questionnaires and interview population;
- Compile and analyses the data received from the questionnaire campaign;
- Develop, creative methods of communication and teaching adapted to target populations;
- Organize and conduct competitions to promote good hygiene practices;
- Liaise with local authorities and with other agencies in the area to plan and coordinate existing and new programs;
- Ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of gender into all programs.
- Training of Trainers will include exploration of modules on public health and Hygiene relating to topics covered in the awareness programs and activities on the field
- Participatory approach apply and dynamic role play will be applied during training sessions.
- Develop interactive and detailed training session and all accompanying background material for the delivery of training workshops related to public health and hygiene promotions
- Develop and validate the curricula (including the topics for each module identified) for the training on service excellence and hygiene of household members
- Develop the contents for a range of training materials including trainer manual, promotors guide
- Develop training workshop report with recommendations for further learning activities
- Ensure cross-program integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices for other ACTED programs;
- Mobilize community to implement of the projects according to the approved timetable plan.
- In coordination with the selected village beneficiaries, communities/committees, design the related training and capacity building program.
- Skills development of the Hygiene promoters/village group/WSC (Water sanitation committee)/WPC (Water point caretaker) group through development and implementation of training and mentoring.
- Provide capacity trainings and maintenance of the committees and communities including ACTED staffs.
- Ensure the WASH-latrine-sanitation-waste water/garbage management and hygiene practice in the project is implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with country and international standards Liaise with target community/ beneficiaries and technical team to complete holistic project
- Mobilize target communities and local authorities for establish the necessary committee and reporting mechanisms required and ensure the participation of the local communities in the regular supervision of the works within the group/themselves.
- Monitor the progress of the work and immediately share to line manager and the area coordinator in case of any complaints from the target communities and in case of major problems, delays and/or deviations from agreed plans/standards/proposal; any other duties that may be assigned by the ACTED’s Project Manager
- Bachelor degree in the related field
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in WASH /environmental health or it related subject.
- Able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with people in many different environments.
- Able to work independently and act on own initiative.
- Previous experience working in a similar role in another NGO/ humanitarian organization is an asset.
- Good experience of conducting trainings, meetings or sessions.
- Capable of producing reliable and timely reports Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both Dari and Pashto is required).
- Good knowledge of English language is desirable
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV through Jobs.af online application, by clicking on the below link:
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
If you face any technical problem while applying to this position please contact to Jobs.af team through WhatsApp 0773020100.